Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 5, 2016   #16
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

yet another spelling correction ... and a pic

"Magnif Potente"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magnif Potente Aug 5 2016.JPG (148.2 KB, 48 views)
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2016   #17
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Yes indeed I do like the Ludmilla's pink heart best. It's a great early large punk heart in a compact slightly wispy plant. She is the "mother" of some of my babies. KarenO

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I wish I could help indicate three different heights,but I can't b/c there are so many variables that influence that, so different folks are going to have different ideas,I think,about heights for many and I'm one who sprawled most of my tomatoes,so haven't the faintest idea of heights.

But I hope it won't annoy you too much if I make some comments about your spellings of a few varieties.

Coir is not the word to use, it means something else,it should be Cuore (or Cuor) de Bue (or Bui)depending on on the origin of that variety

Couilles de Taureau is the correct spelling

Neves is Neves Azorean Red, although I do think that most would understand the abbreviation of NAR

Rose de Bernie,should be Rose de Berne,now with Bernie, we don't want to get political here,do we.

Ludmilla is a woman from Kazachstan who moved to Germany and brought three heirloom varieties with her, and they all have Ludmilla as part of the name but all three are different,so no one variety just named Ludmilla.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...27s_Pink_Heart

I got all three from Reinhard grew all three,and the one I think is best is Ludmilla's Red Plum,not small at all and wonderfully delicious. And offered all three in prior seed offers here at Tville.

But if Karen from Canada is reading this she would say that the pink Heart is the best for her own reasons.

I hope that helps,

Carolyn
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2016   #18
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Yes indeed I do like the Ludmilla's pink heart best. It's a great early large pink heart in a compact slightly wispy plant. She is the "mother" of some of my babies. KarenO

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I wish I could help indicate three different heights,but I can't b/c there are so many variables that influence that, so different folks are going to have different ideas,I think,about heights for many and I'm one who sprawled most of my tomatoes,so haven't the faintest idea of heights.

But I hope it won't annoy you too much if I make some comments about your spellings of a few varieties.

Coir is not the word to use, it means something else,it should be Cuore (or Cuor) de Bue (or Bui)depending on on the origin of that variety

Couilles de Taureau is the correct spelling

Neves is Neves Azorean Red, although I do think that most would understand the abbreviation of NAR

Rose de Bernie,should be Rose de Berne,now with Bernie, we don't want to get political here,do we.

Ludmilla is a woman from Kazachstan who moved to Germany and brought three heirloom varieties with her, and they all have Ludmilla as part of the name but all three are different,so no one variety just named Ludmilla.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...27s_Pink_Heart

I got all three from Reinhard grew all three,and the one I think is best is Ludmilla's Red Plum,not small at all and wonderfully delicious. And offered all three in prior seed offers here at Tville.

But if Karen from Canada is reading this she would say that the pink Heart is the best for her own reasons.

I hope that helps,

Carolyn
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote