Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 26, 2007   #1
Beth11
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomato leaves purple edges/veins

Hi All,

My marianna's peace tomato plant has some funky looking leaves. The edges and veins are purple, and interveinal a little yellow. There's also black spots - more like soot, on the leaves. The underside of the leaves look fine. No curling, either. I've attached some pix. Can you help?

Thanks,
Beth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2471.JPG (27.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2473.JPG (20.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2475.JPG (22.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2483.JPG (30.7 KB, 35 views)
Old June 26, 2007   #2
Tomatovator
Tomatovillian™

I really can't help but I'm getting similar looking leaves toward the bottom of my PL varieties. My plants went in 4/24. I figure they are just getting old, wind blown and maybe a little fungus here and there. I just cut off the lower leaves and the plants seem to be doing fine. I do use Daconil every week or two. It has been very humid here this week so conditions seem prime for this sort of thing.
Tomatovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2007   #3
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Have you fed them anything? My seedlings and later some of my plants were purple-ish, and I gave them fish emulsion and they turned a lovely dark green :0) Up in Connecticut my PL varieties including MP aren't doing as well as the other varieties either. . .
hasshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2007   #4
Beth11
Tomatovillian™

I had fed my toms when I planted them. This one is in the same bed (right next to) another MP that looks fine. I fed everybody (and Daconil) right before I took the pix - (you can see some Daconil residue on the leaf). Might as well cover all bases! These are grafted tomatoes (onto a hardy rootstock) to withstand the Fusarium wilt in my soil. I had this same symptom last year on (ungrafted) cherokee purple plants. I assumed it was nutrient deficiency then. What is weird is that the underside of the leaf is green!

Beth