Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old April 5, 2006   #1
darlochileman
Tomatovillian™

Default Naga Morich - Is this the worlds hottest Chile Pepper?

Hi Guys,

You have may have read in the press/on the Internet that two Chile Growers in Dorset (UK) claim to have grown the worlds hottest pepper - the dorset Naga (also know as Naga Morich).

There are always going to be arguments and counter claims on what is the worlds hottest chile. The the heat of pods is very subjective and is influenced by many factors and can vary considerably (even on the same plant).

Although I cannot profess to growing all hot chiles, I have grown most of the 'claimants' to be the worlds hottest from the Red savina to fatalli to the carribean red and the other habs.
I grew Naga Morich in 2005 and they are by far the hottest I have ever grown. Eating one is like drinking molten larva whilst throusting a red hot poker up you nose!!

The growers claim the HPLC tests have been done (923,000 SHU!!) and the application is in to the Guiness Book of Records. If its accepted the Nga Morich will claim the crown of the worlds hottest.

From review my notes, weve put together further information on this scintilatingly hot variety on the chileman site and you can find this information here:

http://www.thechileman.org/naga_morich.php

Hope you find it interesting

Mark
Old April 14, 2006   #2
Jonesey1
Tomatovillian™

Is that your website? are you offering seeds?
Jonesey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2006   #3
darlochileman
Tomatovillian™

That is my website. But I have no spare seeds at the moment. If you PM me with your details I let you know when I have some more.

Sorry

mark
Old May 31, 2006   #4
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I made some chili with 3 red habenero (scotch bonnet) peppers about 6 years ago. It still comes up in conversation to this day as simply "the inedible chili."

Dave Lister eat your heart out.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote