Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old July 13, 2006   #16
Skip
Tomatovillian™

If Craig is in a bad mood, he takes it out on the rest of his community and puts them thru a lot of pain, as he said! LOL
Old July 14, 2006   #17
obispo45
Tomatovillian™

This is my first post in this colorful and very informative forum. Been reading lots of topics for a bit and decided to jump on in. Tomatoes are my first love of the garden but peppers, especially the chiles are quickly becoming a very healthy addition/addiction for me. See that many others here have some wonderful cultivars, would love to hear more about lots of em'. I'm a relative newbie to the vegetable gardening world....only my 3rd year. Main interests are tomatoes(of course), peppers, eggplant, corn, beans and cukes. Everything I grow I start from seed, with the exception of some herbs(don't have the indoor space yet). My 2006 chile cultivars are:
Aci Sivri
Barney
Bolivian Rainbow
Bulgarian Carrot
Criolla Sella
Charleston Hot
Czechoslovakian Black
Dragon's Claw
Fish
Hot Paper Lantern
Lemon Drop
Hinkelhatz
Martin's Carrot
Mossman Lemon Yellow
Nepali Orange
"Serbian Chile"
Santa Fe Grande
Aji Golden
Wenk's Yellow Hots
Mariachi F1
Serrano del Sol F1
Numex Big Jim

For whatever reason my Fatalii seeds didn't germinate, was really looking forward to that one. Have to give er' a try again next season. Becoming intrigued with the C. baccatum's... just so incredibly productive for me this year and pretty cool looking plants/fruits too IMO. Look forward to talking about the hot stuff and anything else. Take care....I'll be busy drooling over other members pepper lists
obispo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2006   #18
cmpman1974
Tomatovillian™

Default Peppers

John F,

Do you have any pics of Vietnamese Swamp Pepper and Giant White Habanero? I'd be interested in seeing them if so. Thanks!

Chris
cmpman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2006   #19
travis
Tomatovillian™

Chris,

Did you ever get ahold of the White Habanero you were lookin' for last year? Are you growing any this summer?

Obispo, I had nothin' but trouble with Charleston Hots. Weak starts, yellow leaves, slow growers, scarce blossoms, no fruit ... etc. Are you havin' any luck with them? Got any pics?

PV
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2006   #20
cmpman1974
Tomatovillian™

Yes, I am growing White Bullet Habanero which is doing quite well. One of the most prolific plants I have grown. I liked it a lot last season too, except for the tendancy for branches to "snap."

I am also growing a plant called White Habanero from Heirloom Seeds. It's not doing so hot. Got a late start and it was a weak seedling. I only got a few to sprout so I am holding on to it basically to save seed. There are a few pods on it, but about 100 short of White Bullet. lol.

Chris
cmpman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote