Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 2, 2021   #1
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

Default Totally Tomatoes Check-Out

Does anyone know how to actually check-out with a seed order at Totally Tomatoes? I have gone through filling out long forms but then it seems everytime I click something else trying to get to the check out, it deletes the information I previously typed in. When I ever do get to the "Check Out" point and click it, it takes me to another page that says "Find Your Account" and under it "Finder ID" and under that, "Finder Zip Code." But I'm already logged in. I type in my zip code and it can't find a match and nothing works in the "Finder ID" space either.

I've also typed in my payment information, I'd guess, 10 times by now, and when I get to the "Check Out" point where the "Find Your Account" page it always says that the payment method has not been added, even though that part is filled out in detail.

In my 25 years of buying online, I've never seen anything like it. I even called them and they didn't offer any clue how to navigate through to the actual check-out, but suggested that I place the order over the phone. Before then, normally, the wait times were so long I usually just hung up in frustration.

I like Totally Tomatoes and their seeds and service. This is not a criticism of the company, and I have been a customer through the years, but it was always done over the phone until this year due to the long wait times.

My problem is with the online order site. I have clicked and checked and checked and clicked everything I can find, several times the info has gotten deleted and I start over, and round and round it goes. And what is the "Find Your Account" thing about when you are already logged in? There is no need for me to keep going in these circles.

So, how in the world do you actually check out with an online seed order at Totally Tomatoes?

Thanks,
Don
Old April 2, 2021   #2
FarmerShawn
Tomatovillian™

That's weird. I use them regularly, and never had that problem. Maybe you should just abandon your existing login and start a new one with a different login name and new password.
Old April 2, 2021   #3
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

Maybe try a different browser, also. Some pages don't work the same in Chrome vs. Firefox vs. Edge.
wxcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2021   #4
biscuitridge
Tomatovillian™

Or reboot your computer
biscuitridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2021   #5
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for all the advice. I'll try a different browser and if that doesn't work I'll change my user name and password.

Shawn...I got your letter. Thanks a bunch! Already planted!
Old April 2, 2021   #6
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

I tried a new browser (Foxfire) and I also re-registered with a new ID, password, etc. I keep getting this same page when I hit "Check Out." I have filled out the form on the left many times, and also the method of payment. Here, it's blank again even though I have saved it many times.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Totally Tomatoes.jpg (71.1 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by TomatoDon; April 2, 2021 at 06:23 PM.
TomatoDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2021   #7
eyolf
Tomatovillian™

I seldom use a laptop anymore, and even less often our ancient desktop.

My phone is always with me; I tried to place an order via Opera, Firefox, and Chrome on the phone and could not get it to on Vermont Bean Seed's site. But I have ordered twice, recently, from Jung...the parent co. via the Opera phone browser.

I DID place my VBS seed order on the desktop: my bride had the laptop. No problem, but the old box runs Ubuntu Linux and a browser called "Chromium". It's about 20 updates past due, if that matters.

I considered emailing the folks in Wisconsin, but refrained; they were likely busy enough.

I suspected it was a transitory problem, solved now. Perhaps not.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Old April 3, 2021   #8
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

I always check out as a "guest." I mostly use Firefox, and have the auto-fill option set to fill in the name/address fields. But Firefox doesn't work well with all sites. I just ordered from TT about two weeks ago. In that case, Firefox was fine (and I received my order promptly).
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2021   #9
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

After I registered the second (or third?) time yesterday I got an email from Totally Tomatoes welcoming me and sending me a link, which I thought would complete the registration. It took me back to their main page. I tried to place an order for one pack of seeds, just to see if it would work, but it didn't. Same old thing. Wanted me to enter the Finder info.

I will add that a few days ago I sent them a message and a nice lady from Jung called me and took the order over the phone, but had no suggestions about fixing the problem I'm having trying to order online.

Again, I want to be clear. I like Totally Tomatoes and Jung, and I think they are both fine companies. I've ordered from them for a long time and have always been a happy customer. This is a quirky website or computer issue I'm having that doesn't seem to be a problem for practically anyone else. I normally make my orders by phone, but now, during the busy season, the "hold" times are quite long which is why I tried to order online.
Old April 3, 2021   #10
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Like Greatgardens, I check out at most places as a "guest". I only order once a year and cannot be bothered to remember yet another stupid password. My laptop fills in most of the blanks for me.

I once signed on to iHerb using a fake phone number, and now it's impossible to buy anything from them because they recognize my computer, yet they cannot help me to get back in, and will not accept me as a guest.

I cannot stand junky websites, and sellers that have them do not get my business.

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2021   #11
bitterwort
Tomatovillian™

Check to make sure you have javascript enabled in your browser and that any script blocker you are using has whitelisted the Totally Tomatoes site. When I have trouble similar to what you describe, those issues are usually the problem.
Old April 5, 2021   #12
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

I finally got an order to go through. I'm not aware that I did anything different this time than all the other times that it didn't work. Maybe their system had to have time to process my new membership.