Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Interested in planning your own tomato-tasting event? Post your ideas and/or plans here!

Old August 30, 2011   #1
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Great Tomato Tasting -- Rutgers Snyder Research Farm

Great Tomato Tasting -- Rutgers Snyder Research Farm. I thought those in the area might be interested in attending Tomorrow, August 31. Tomato Tasting. If you attend let us know all about it!
Gary

Information about time and place for the Tomato Tasting

http://snyderfarm.rutgers.edu/
Old August 30, 2011   #2
jeffinjonestown
Tomatovillian™

Darn. Wish I knew and could get off work for this. Anyone who goes, please leave us feedback.
jeffinjonestown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2011   #3
TomNJ
Tomatovillian™

I have gone to this tasting for the past three out of four years. It is set up with several large open-wall tents, each with a tomato theme (beefsteaks, cherries, pastes, etc.). I believe they offer about 80+ varieties of tomatoes for tasting.

I am skipping this year because it gets too crowded with long slow lines and poor organization. Also they seem to lack a lot of the classic varieties I wanted to taste, and the taste buds get saturated after a while and they all start tasting the same. If you go, be sure to take the hay ride!

TomNJ
TomNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2011   #4
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Tomato Tasting....

There is a listing of the tomato varieties they had for the Tomato Tasting. The link is posted directly below the video. There are pictures with descriptions and the source for the seed.
Enjoy!
Gary

Tomato Tasting at the Rutgers Farm

http://snyderfarm.rutgers.edu/
Old September 1, 2011   #5
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

I really wanted to go to this, but couldn't take the day off for it. One of these days....
lakelady is offline   Reply With Quote