Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Interested in planning your own tomato-tasting event? Post your ideas and/or plans here!

Old December 19, 2014   #1
DuckCreekFarms
Tomatovillian™

Default Oklahoma Seedy Saturday Seed Swap

Seedy Saturday Seed Swap. February 28, 2015, Tulsa, Oklahoma

The Oklahoma Annual Seedy Saturday Seed Swap (sponcered by the Oklahoma Urban and Sustainable Garden Association) will be Saturday, February 28 from 9 am till noon at the Tulsa Garden Center, 2435 S Peoria, Tulsa, OK, . It will be in the Ball Room (basement). Also, for those that love African Violets, there is also an African Violet show that weekend on the main floor.

All Garden Enthusiasts welcome and encouraged to attend,

Bring your extra seeds to swap with other gardeners. Even if you don't have extra seeds, come anyway, as I am sure there will be lots of extras that wont need a trade.

We will also have Seed Potatoes and cold hardy, cutting grown, Herb Plants available to help defray the expense of renting the room.

Late February/early March is the time I like to start my tomato seeds, so timing is perfect. Also, If there is an interest, I can order some seed starting supplies.

No reservations needed. you can just show up, but I would love to hear from anyone that is planning to attend so we can plan the event better.
Old December 19, 2014   #2
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCreekFarms View Post
Seedy Saturday Seed Swap. February 28, 2015, Tulsa, Oklahoma

The Oklahoma Annual Seedy Saturday Seed Swap (sponcered by the Oklahoma Urban and Sustainable Garden Association) will be Saturday, February 28 from 9 am till noon at the Tulsa Garden Center, 2435 S Peoria, Tulsa, OK, . It will be in the Ball Room (basement). Also, for those that love African Violets, there is also an African Violet show that weekend on the main floor.

All Garden Enthusiasts welcome and encouraged to attend,

Bring your extra seeds to swap with other gardeners. Even if you don't have extra seeds, come anyway, as I am sure there will be lots of extras that wont need a trade.

We will also have Seed Potatoes and cold hardy, cutting grown, Herb Plants available to help defray the expense of renting the room.

Late February/early March is the time I like to start my tomato seeds, so timing is perfect. Also, If there is an interest, I can order some seed starting supplies.

No reservations needed. you can just show up, but I would love to hear from anyone that is planning to attend so we can plan the event better.
I will try to make that actually! It is my birthday, so I guess I can't say for sure now...but likely I can make it part of my birthday gift to myself!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2015   #3
DuckCreekFarms
Tomatovillian™

I hope we can get enough people together to talk about having a tasting this summer
Old March 1, 2015   #4
DuckCreekFarms
Tomatovillian™

Despite the bad driving conditions, we had a good turn out.

I have to admit I had a great time and it was fun. so much fun I am willing to do it again if we get some interest. I have already had some emails hoping we would reschedule.

I had no intentions to come away with seeds, but there were just to much interesting things.....I couldn't resist

the basement at the garden center is available. We still have seed potatoes but low on the Red Pontiac and Yukon Gold but plenty of Kennebec and Red Lasoda

So if you are interested let me know, but at this point I think it's a go for another one this Saturday. I think we will change the time to 10 till noon.
Old March 1, 2015   #5
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCreekFarms View Post
Despite the bad driving conditions, we had a good turn out.

I have to admit I had a great time and it was fun. so much fun I am willing to do it again if we get some interest. I have already had some emails hoping we would reschedule.

I had no intentions to come away with seeds, but there were just to much interesting things.....I couldn't resist

the basement at the garden center is available. We still have seed potatoes but low on the Red Pontiac and Yukon Gold but plenty of Kennebec and Red Lasoda

So if you are interested let me know, but at this point I think it's a go for another one this Saturday. I think we will change the time to 10 till noon.
Let me know because I intended to go but didn't because of the bad roads.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3, 2015   #6
DuckCreekFarms
Tomatovillian™

It's a go...... We will meet again this Saturday from 10 till noon at the Tulsa Garden Center. The weather looks to be perfect