Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Interested in planning your own tomato-tasting event? Post your ideas and/or plans here!

Old October 28, 2016   #1
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

Default Sustainable Ag. Conf. -- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association

2016's is coming up next week -- Nov 4-6 -- this year's is in Durham, NC -- https://www.carolinafarmstewards.org/sac/

We won't be bringing any tomatoes to taste (though, with the warm fall we've been having, we actually *could* bring some stragglers that're still on the vines yet... but we're being selfish and keeping those to ourselves). But we'll be hanging out and talking, and you can rummage through our dollar packet bins and pick out some new tomatoes to try next year.

There's a nice seed swap. And Craig will be giving a tomato talk!

I really like CFSA, it's always great to hang out there, I've missed out on it the last few years... now I just gotta be good and do my share of helping to write up the new SESE catalog before we go!!
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2016   #2
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

I would come, but they always have it during the week and I have to work. The downside of not being a full time farmer as of yet.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2016   #3
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

We belatedly realized today that we can bring along some non tomato stuff to share, since we still haven't had frost yet, so will bring along some interesting peppers and greens and other stuff!
Old January 1, 2017   #4
dustdevil
Tomatovillian™

How was the conference Ken?
dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2017   #5
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

Forgot to post til now, but it starts tomorrow! It's in Durham again. Ira's giving a few talks on seed saving and on collards.

Don't think we'll bring any tomatoes, though will check our Matt's Wild Cherry plants to see if they still have decent flavor after some of the 30s and 40s nights we've had lately. But we'll probably bring some interesting herbs and flowers if we've time.