Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Interested in planning your own tomato-tasting event? Post your ideas and/or plans here!

Old July 13, 2017   #1
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

Default Homegrown Tomato Festival -- Charlotte, NC

Here's the link for it -- http://www.homegrowntomato.org/

Main day for it is Saturday, July 29th, looks like Craig's giving talks Fri eve the 28th and Sat the 29th.

Me and Irena Hollowell (also from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange) are going, we'll bring along some seeds to donate and we'll be helping out at the Seed Swap.

Looking forward to! I always love going to other folks' tomato tastings, it's nice not having to worry about all the details and so get to just enjoy trying all the tomatoes.
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2017   #2
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

Belated report = it was good, nice turnout for (they estimated 600+ folks). Had some first-time hiccups, like the varieties not always being correctly labeled and displayed, and the seed swap not getting much publicity, but there were lots to eat, and folks seemed to have fun.

Craig pulled off giving a challenging talk, doing it outside next to a street with busy traffic! Hope I never have to do that.

I was talking with a farmer there about tomato varieties, and halfway through the conversation she said, wait, are you the famous guy? At which I laughed and said, no, you're probably thinking of Craig...
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote