Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old March 9, 2016   #1
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Default The Newest Batch..

Meaning, the last assortment of varieties I sowed a few days ago are showing signs of life:
Sophie's Choice was placed in the last corner of the flat tray and had the least of soil, but it is up and kicking. Five others (Azoychka, Hana, Koralik, Klyukve v sakhare, and Pearly Pink orange still wait...)
This combo is for my parents - I like to give them a jumpstart with strong seedling, while I start my own a bit later. The limited space calls for this gradual arrangement, and it usually works well.
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2016   #2
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

That's a great way to make the most of your space. I wish you a great season!
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2016   #3
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Sounds like a good combo. There is something about seeing those babies that gives you a warm, happy feeling inside. By the way, it took me 8 days before my Pearly Pink Orange came up. Mine looked like tulips when they germinated with 4 cotyledons on each, no fused stems either, but two days later now they are putting out true leaves. Azoychka took awhile for me to come up, but when it did it was one of the first to produce.

I hope you have some good weather this year over there. : )
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2016   #4
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Wow, 4 (four) cotyledons!! Now that is plenty! I am still waiting to see how the PPO is coming up, or the rest - so far, only SC is up and growing...
I've never grown PPO before, but Azoychka is a favorite of ours.

The weather has been really cloudy and boring, no sunlight - hopefully we'll get more in April to help these babies to thrive..
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote