Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old March 9, 2012   #46
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to Jane's information (above), I emailed Ozbo last evening about the 1 bag versus 1 case qty. confusion. Here was their reply this morning:

Dear Raymond,

Please accept our apologies for the mix up. It looks as if there was an error in the shipping department. We will be shipping out the remainder of your order on Monday, March 12th.

Thank you for being an Ozbo customer and for shopping with us!

Sincerely,

Tara

ozbo

(I need to tell them - - only my Mother calls me "Raymond")

Anyway, it looks like the issue is resolved, but one wonders about the extra expense they will now incur in making 2 shipments to me, when no one seems to be doing any Quality Control review of their listing info on the Site to begin with.

This is the same issue with the 4 pound bag of Tomato-tone for something like $55.00 while the 20 pound bag is listed at $12.75. Any person with half a brain should figure out something isn't rational here - - rather than letting the customer have to correct their error(s).

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2012   #47
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Cheap labor usually cost much more but doesnt show up in the "cost savings projections"
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2012   #48
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Linda,

The (sad) irony is that it wasn't the poor folks doing the shipping that caused the problem - - it was the person responsible for creating the listing page on their website who screwed up. The listing should have clearly said "1 case quantity of 12 bags".

Instead, in one place on the listing page it says "5 pound bag", and on another portion of the listing page it states a "6.5 pound bag". Why this total confusion is attributable to the Shipping Department is beyond my comprehension.

Internet companies like this work on a fraction of a percent profit - - so any time they then need to do double shipments at their expense - it costs them any profit they were expecting to make on the transaction. I am sure they are on an IPO track at some point -and like Pets.com who were shipping 50 pound bags of dog food for free back in the Internet "boom/bust" days of 2000, you would have thought companies by now have figured out that errors like this are costly.

Anyway, now that it is straightened out, lets see the next time any of us at TV order their Lime, if they've fixed the problem - - or again blame it on the poor sob in the Shipping Department.

Raybo
Old March 9, 2012   #49
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Cheap labor for data entry.........all the same. 18 year olds are running the world.
Old March 9, 2012   #50
huntoften
Tomatovillian™

Got this from ozbo this morning:

"Dear James,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the mix up. We will be shipping you out the 11 remaining bags on Monday, March 12th.

Thank you for being an Ozbo customer and for shopping with us!

Sincerely,

Tara

ozbo"

If they continue to have prices like this and fix their mistakes this well and quickly...I'll be a loyal customer!
Old March 9, 2012   #51
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

I've sent "Tara" a lengthy email this morning detailing that it wasn't the "fault of their Shipping Department" which messed up - - it was the person for web design and Quality Control of its accuracy. I also pointed out the Tomato-tone "error" as well. Just received this email from her.

Dear Ray,

Thank you for the feedback. We are having our website wizards fix this issue. Please note that we will be shipping out the remainder of your order today.

Thank you for shopping with us.

Sincerely,

Tara

ozbo

So, it will be interesting to check back on the Espoma Lime page in a few days to see if it has been corrected, as well as the Tomato-tone page. If so, I will be ordering all of my Espoma products from Ozbo.com

Raybo

p.s. Notice that she doesn't call me "Raymond" anymore.
Old March 9, 2012   #52
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Raymond......
Old March 9, 2012   #53
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun City Linda View Post
Thanks Raymond......

Smart-A$$

Raybo
Old March 9, 2012   #54
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

They fixed their problems well and fast, and I like them. As a small business owner, I know that details sometimes just get away from us.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2012   #55
augiedog55
Tomatovillian™

sounds like great customers service and CHEAP PRICES.. Winner Winner chicken dinerI'll keep buying from them
augiedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2012   #56
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

They have great deals, I have bought from them before. I got my 40 LBs of Tomato Tone and some Greensand today. Thanks all, and thanks again Ray _ _ _ _ !
Old March 9, 2012   #57
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I'm glad everyone got their order. What does everyone use to water down their seedlings?Several posts mentioned that seedlings do well with a diluted strength feeding of Tomato Tone. How do you get this to dilute? The slow release pellets leave it pretty gritty. I swished it around but solids remain in the bottom of the cup. To water/feed individual cells I just treated myself to a pint spray bottle from Lowes and I adore it, vast improvement over my old Wal Mart sprayer. A gritty solution would never work in either one. Hope to get some ideas form you guys. Thanks.
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2012   #58
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Actually, I think you will be better off using Bio-tone Starter fertilizer on your young seedlings. Here is the link:

http://ozbo.com/Bio-Tone-Starter-Plu...ds-839238.html

Raybo
Old March 9, 2012   #59
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Raybo , why that one? I can get that locally for the same price so yipee no shipping. Does that dissolve easily? Full strength or dilute?
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2012   #60
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Bio-tone has a blend of mycos as well as a more "gentle" NPK, so it is blended for seedlings. Tomato-tone may be too harsh for young seedlings. If you can get it locally without the shipping - great!

Raybo