Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Upstate New York - Canada event information and discussion forum.

Old September 1, 2008   #1
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Default Ribbons and Bows, etc.

I got all the tomato prizes and raffle prizes decorated today. I think they all look pretty darn good! I should of taken a pic before I packed everything up. I'll have to remember to take pics of them on Saturday.
Now all that is left is to make the meat-on-a-stick Friday.

I picked a lot of tomatoes today including a few really big Prudens Purples. Gary got all excited at the sight of them and was putting them on the scale. Then he realized that they would not be any good for Sat.. So then looking at the rest of the tomatoes he asks me what is left in the back for Sat. with disappointment in his voice. I hope something big is ripe for him on Sat.!
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
Old September 2, 2008   #2
Zana
Tomatovillian™

See you Saturday, Remy. Not sure if Colleen is coming yet. And I talked with "Sorellina" this evening and she's going to confirm whether she'll hitch a ride with the Zana-mobile.

Got a question for anybody coming. Anybody have any allergies - especially to nuts? Was thinking of bringing some homemade baklava, but will skip it if somebody has a nut allergy. Please pm me or post a reply here if you have a problem with nuts. Thanks.

Zana
Old September 3, 2008   #3
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Zana,
A woman from Rochester contacted me about coming. She is going to bring a bean salad with olive oil from her island(somewhere in Greece.) I'm not sure if she is originally from Greece or her family is. Anyway, I told her that would be perfect with you bringing baklava! Plus me making chicken souvlaki on a stick!
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop