Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old March 27, 2015   #1
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Default Jungle Growth company closed!!!

I loved Jungle Growth for my pots, I just called them.They are closed!!! In recitative !!

Last edited by FILMNET; March 27, 2015 at 05:14 PM.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015   #2
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Just seen this. That explains why I haven't been able to get Lowe's to order it anymore. I loved the Jungle Soil Professional Grower Mix. When Lowe's downsized they quit carrying it and maybe with losing their biggest contract they had to close. A real shame for sure.

I tried alot of different soils since Lowe's quit carrying it and even was mixing my own than last year I need some soil and stopped at Kmart. I grabbed a big bag of KGRO and I tell you it is even better than the Jungle Soil ever was.

It's a proffessional potting soil and it has fertilizer in it. I put plants into this soil and they take off like crazy. Plenty of perlite and the soil is not dense. It a nice mix and the roots can move through it easy. You might want to pick up a small bag and give it a try. I think you just might find you will enjoy it better. I know the plants do.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015   #3
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

Jungle Growth closed down due to a lawsuit that they filed and lost. There bag manufacturer was sending them more bags than they needed and refused to let them only buy what they needed. When they filed the suit they had to post an amount that I can't remember exactly but it was over $200K. They lost their lawsuit because they had signed a contract for the amount of bags they were being sent. They closed their Georgia based company and are now in Illinois operating as a fertilizer business. It is too bad they could not work something out with the bag company. I know a lot of people were upset when they could not find it anymore.
kayrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015   #4
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Ahh, poor contract management. The bane of many small firms.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015   #5
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrobbins View Post
Jungle Growth closed down due to a lawsuit that they filed and lost. There bag manufacturer was sending them more bags than they needed and refused to let them only buy what they needed. When they filed the suit they had to post an amount that I can't remember exactly but it was over $200K. They lost their lawsuit because they had signed a contract for the amount of bags they were being sent. They closed their Georgia based company and are now in Illinois operating as a fertilizer business. It is too bad they could not work something out with the bag company. I know a lot of people were upset when they could not find it anymore.
Thanks for sharing what happened. I even really liked the fact tht a percentage of the sales went to help endangered animals, now those creatures lose out . Too.. too. sad.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015   #6
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Just seen this. That explains why I haven't been able to get Lowe's to order it anymore. I loved the Jungle Soil Professional Grower Mix. When Lowe's downsized they quit carrying it and maybe with losing their biggest contract they had to close. A real shame for sure.

I tried alot of different soils since Lowe's quit carrying it and even was mixing my own than last year I need some soil and stopped at Kmart. I grabbed a big bag of KGRO and I tell you it is even better than the Jungle Soil ever was.

It's a proffessional potting soil and it has fertilizer in it. I put plants into this soil and they take off like crazy. Plenty of perlite and the soil is not dense. It a nice mix and the roots can move through it easy. You might want to pick up a small bag and give it a try. I think you just might find you will enjoy it better. I know the plants do.
I wish we had K mart here instead of wall-mart.
I bought a set of Robinson USA made walnut handled stainless cooking utensils there 25 years ago and I am still using them today.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015   #7
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
Ahh, poor contract management. The bane of many small firms.
I know, how hard was it for them to read the contract?

All that matters is what is written in the contract. Sometimes people get tricked though, because the person wanting you to sign the contract will make all sorts of promises about "oh we don't enforce that part, and this other part doesn't really matter." But those words mean nothing in the eyes of the law. What matters is what is on the paper you signed. If they say part doesn't apply to you, then mark it out and both initial the change. Otherwise it does apply to you.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015   #8
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
I know, how hard was it for them to read the contract?

All that matters is what is written in the contract. Sometimes people get tricked though, because the person wanting you to sign the contract will make all sorts of promises about "oh we don't enforce that part, and this other part doesn't really matter." But those words mean nothing in the eyes of the law. What matters is what is on the paper you signed. If they say part doesn't apply to you, then mark it out and both initial the change. Otherwise it does apply to you.
I have walked away from many job offers because they wouldn't sign a contract promising to keep their promise.

Sounds crappy but I have been juiced too many times.

Worth
Old April 20, 2015   #9
Goldie321
Tomatovillian™

Was in the Lowe's by me this weekend and they had it. Now that may have been residual stock. It was so busy that day I didn't bother to ask if they were getting any more. Was just surprised to see it there.
Goldie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2015   #10
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I'm not for sure what you call them maybe (Shadow Company) but many companies have this.
Much of corporate America is designed like this at least I think.
That way if the business gets sued and or goes under all of the money is filtered to the main shadow company before this happens.
Mining companies did this for years and may still do in Montana and other states leaving it up us the tax payer to clean up the mess.
Honest companies be it big or small dont think of this because they are honest.
This is one of the reasons I have never started out on my own.
I dont know all of the legalities of it and dont want to lose everything I have.

You sign a contract you better read it thoroughly.
I was sent to clean up a mess in Austin at a state school because the guy that was doing the acceptance testing had a beef with the company I worked for.
He used to work for them.
That company is huge and I wont say who they are.

I looked at the contract and was asked by my operations manager how bad off we were.
I told him we were at the mercy of this guy.
Luckily while he worked where I worked I was nice to him and got along so we developed a working relationship.
Basically what the contract said was, "replace existing system and bring up to 2002 standards, (meeting so and so code bla bla bla)".
What the stupid salesman only read was replace existing system not reading the rest of the contract.

Worth