Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old July 6, 2013   #1
Simone
Tomatovillian™

Default "Dirty" tomato leaves - maybe some fungus disease?

Hello,

after trying to lay down my last mites in their coffins I had to recognize that I have another problem.

Yesterday I pulled a plant (Blush) from the outsite; it stood without protection. The leaves were as dirty, brown black small fungus like infection to give the plant a shady look.
I thought it was no lost to loose this plant, but today - as i was spraying the mites - I saw the same problem coming up on other plants: on the Hungarian Giant, a Wagner plant and the Apricot Brandywine.

The stem was not infected, just the leaves.
It me be a problem which hangs together with the humidity. After month of cold, rainy weather we had a quite warm phase. Not just the plants in my greenhouses were sweatening at night, even the ones which are standing without any protection.

Because of the stress I had seeing this new infection for me, I was foolish enough to make no pictures.
But I tought you might have an idea what this disease might be.
And perhaps I can show you pictures tomorrow, when it takes over
Perhaps you have an idea what it might be...
Simone is offline   Reply With Quote