Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 11, 2014   #1
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Default Interview with Aaron Whaley

Here's an interesting interview with Aaron Whaley that addresses Indigo varieties and anthocyanin veggies.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2014/0...fight-disease/
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2014   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

What a coincidence since today I received a letter from Aaron's mother, Diane Whealey, inviting me and my family to the summer camp out this summer at SSE in IA as an awardee for contributions made to the heirloom so called world. This b'c it's the 40th anniversery of the founding of SSE.

My family consists of me and my 10 yo cat, my own family having moved from where I am now to NC in 2005.

Aaron also produces seed for others, I won't name names, but ones you'd recognize ASAP.

When he was at SSE we worked together closely with him sending me the proposed tomato growout lists and asking for suggestions, and then sending me the tomato pages for the SSE catalog/website and asking me to edit them.

But SSE was not for him for several reasons and he moved on to form his own company, which has been very successful and those he has worked with praise him highly.

I still intend to e-mail him and get caught up on him and his wife and family.

Carolyn, who only played about 7 min of the radio broadcast since it was all about Dr. Jim Myers at OSU and Indigo Rose and new ones from that.