Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 8, 2007   #1
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Default Salt or ammonium injury/toxicity

If you look at the third sticky in this forum, the third link, and #18 (amonioum toxicity. . . salt injury) that is EXACTLY what some of my plants look like. . .

I did add epsom salt, but just a little and it's mixed way down. . . . though on one of the plants I just stuck in three days ago so there's no way it's getting to the salt down below. . .

I've read that too much fertilizer can do this? I mixed tomatotone into the soil sparingly, and sprinkled a handful on top of my straw. . . we had torrential downpours for days here. . . so probably it washed all the fertilizer off the straw into the plants!

I have many back-up plants. . . should turn over the soil and stick these in instead or is there away I can get read of the salt toxicity?

I swear I'm not being a hypochondriac this time. . . it really is exactly what my plants look like. . .

Thanks (and sigh). . . the rest of my maters are just "going in the ground" as obviously I do more harm than good!

Last edited by hasshoes; June 8, 2007 at 11:09 AM.
hasshoes is offline   Reply With Quote