Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old January 22, 2017   #76
MissS
Tomatovillian™

No there would not be any problem at all. I guess that the only thing that I am concerned about is if you would need some permission or license to resell it.
Old January 22, 2017   #77
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti...Yes and I will check on that today ....Regards Ron..
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2017   #78
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Now if I cannot get it from the USA I will buy a 2kg bag of mycorMax from auckland and break it up myself into 50g and 100g bags and sell it to the growers down here ..that will give me a very nice profit...
It will cost you nearly $400 to get in, and IF you sell all your repacks, you will make a profit. Otherwise you will take a loss.

That's a huge IF. Do you have a feel for your market? Have you approached any potential buyers? Many growers don't know about mycorrhizae and many more don't think they need it.

Even if you do manage to sell them all, how much effort is required? Say at minimum a man-week to repackage, solicit, and deliver. At 40 hours of effort, what is your profit per hour? At 80 hours of effort? Is it worth it?

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2017   #79
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti..These sachets have 6 - 7 grams in them so I have emailed the seller and expressed my objection to paying $20 shipping on 10 of them and $40 shipping on 20...
I will have to wait for their response.... Regards Ron
Old January 23, 2017   #80
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti...I emailed your supplier last night..or was it this morning...??I worked til after 3am transplanting 13 wee ones from the propagator and still about 13 to go....Plus the laterals off my TT's which have been sitting in water are growing roots ...No problem as yet but it soon will be ..I need a shelf out in the greenhouse ??and I can alternate the pots for the weather......no replies to my add in the paper so I better put something outside re Tomato Plants available...

My first soda pot broke off at the stem ...no doubt caused by the wind movement ....I have to get the back door on properly today ....and stop the wind..
I hope to get Perlite picked up in Christchurch on a carrier "backload" and that should save me money and today is not too bad weather wise...
Regards Ron
Old January 23, 2017   #81
MissS
Tomatovillian™

It sounds like you are quite busy.

Good Luck!
Old January 24, 2017   #82
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
It will cost you nearly $400 to get in, and IF you sell all your repacks, you will make a profit. Otherwise you will take a loss.

That's a huge IF. Do you have a feel for your market? Have you approached any potential buyers? Many growers don't know about mycorrhizae and many more don't think they need it.

Even if you do manage to sell them all, how much effort is required? Say at minimum a man-week to repackage, solicit, and deliver. At 40 hours of effort, what is your profit per hour? At 80 hours of effort? Is it worth it?

Hi..I do not see where the $400 comes from....one buys 2 KG by my maths thats 20 x 100gr or 40 X 50gr packets ...I am sure there is 40 tomato growers in the city willing to try it out...
Anyway just found this one on Ebay??? Amazing ..Please note the shipping...
Cheers Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stupid_2017-01-25_011428.jpg (29.8 KB, 28 views)
Old January 24, 2017   #83
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi ...Heres another example ... Whats wrong with Ebay??...Note the shipping? How is that worked out??Cheers Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StupidA_2017-01-25_012453.jpg (25.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg StupidB_2017-01-25_012554.jpg (32.9 KB, 27 views)
Old January 24, 2017   #84
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi....Patti...Broke another glass door today????Just finished planting my seedlings from the propagator..and winding down doing some reading..its 3.42am .Myco Grow..developed in NZ???
I wonder if the file attached is the same product as in the US...Regards Ron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MYCO GRO.pdf (836.4 KB, 3 views)
Old January 24, 2017   #85
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by murihikukid View Post
Hi..I do not see where the $400 comes from....
From your post #67 above.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2017   #86
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Ron, I looked up the SAFA company in your link. They are a NZ based company and among their products offered are Calmag, Bio Soil Plus, Myco Gro and Myco Gro Super. I would contact the company and see if they have any suppliers that are near to you. I did see that they do have a supplier in Alexandria. The Myco Gro and Myco Grow Super are as close as you have found so far to the MycoGro offered here. Bio Soil Plus offers you a wide range of bacteria. Before I suggest one of these products over another, you should check out the cost involved first. The calmag is something that I have suggested over and over for a very long time now.
Old January 24, 2017   #87
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti...WOW??? ..I have never heard of them ....I just downloaded the PDF file and never explored their web site ...So basicly everything I want is available here in NZ and Nelson is in the South Island .....

I will email them and see if they have a price list.....and then consult with you re what I need.....It is blowing still down here ...I would have loved to have some Myco Grow in a few days as I would defer my transplanting til it arrived and used it....My 3 trays of plants in small pottles are growing so well they need repotting ...they will be put in the greenhouse today if I can get the back door up ...I am really struggling doing these jobs ...mentally and physicly...
Regards Ron
Old January 24, 2017   #88
MissS
Tomatovillian™

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost another door. It seems that it is one thing after another at your house.

I would just go right ahead and pot up whatever needs to be done. You do not want to stunt the plants. Mycos can always be watered in later.

Cheers ~ Patti
Old January 24, 2017   #89
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti..Its the weather ...Goodness knows what it was like through the night when I was absolutely had it ..I never even heard my friend in Canada Skyping me at some ungodly time in the morning.....The wind is blowing in such terrible sudden gusts and now it is raining yet when I woke up round 8am the weather looked great but I had to go and get more sleep..I just cannot get all my work done.....I sellotaped the glass so hope it doesn't fall out...
The email is away to SAFA for a price list ...I recall Calmag but cannot remember why it was required....Some of my young plants are looking quite yellow and I am not sure what to do..I was hoping to get them repotted into the new soil which could green them up??

Regards Ron
Old January 24, 2017   #90
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti..I have shifted all of my young plants out to the greenhouse so have taken some photos..I am concerned about the colour...I wonder if EVe Ste Wendell is a determinete ..it has a beautiful thick stem now but stocky in height...

It may clear up later then even if its blowing I can use the electric tools ...I have to get the door and its surrounds waterproofed and the roof requires flashing from under the roof over the glass cause as it is even though there is an overhang the wind is blowing cold rain through a gap where the glass meets the roof into the greenhouse...I do not think plants like being sprayed with near freezing water.....To be honest I am not worried about being late in my planting cause summer must be coming?? sometime...yet I have spoken to a couple of people and they say theirs are doing great IE the ones in a conservatory...the outside ones are not doing well at all???
I get annoyed with people that have a go at me?? put them in the ground and forget about them ??? You give them too much attention....
I just got an Email from Nutritech Australia who have passed my inquiry onto their NZ agent but I got the impression that there products were not what you would use.....whereas SAFA looks a far better bet,..
Regards Ron

PS..With the Copper/Sulphate spray ...the sulpher dries and makes it look like I have Powdered Mildew....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2923.jpg (648.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2924.jpg (645.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2925.jpg (716.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2926.jpg (617.3 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by murihikukid; January 24, 2017 at 07:32 PM.