Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 12, 2013   #256
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Steve, thank you for great seeds and gift (tomato seeds). You have an exemplary business. Fast delivery. Thank you.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2013   #257
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Steve, you have such a beautiful catalog. Great pictures and descriptions. It's not hard to see how much you love what you are doing .
chancethegardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2013   #258
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Ella and Mehmet,

Thank you for the kind remarks!

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2013   #259
tsipgolf12
Tomatovillian™

I placed my order this am and within two hours had an email that the order had shipped. I love being spoiled like this. Great service Steve.

RWG
tsipgolf12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2013   #260
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsipgolf12 View Post
I placed my order this am and within two hours had an email that the order had shipped. I love being spoiled like this. Great service Steve.

RWG
Thanks tsipgolf12, I appreciate it!

I have had problems this week with my shopping cart randomly emptying or adding items. Thanks to RobinB (here at T'Ville) for alerting me to the problem. I run my site through a security proxy to eliminate the huge problem I was having last season with hackers (my site is based on WordPress and it is a popular hack for "kiddie hackers" running bots)

I have finally been able to get both servers communicating with each other, so the cart is fixed (as far as I know). However, if you come back to the cart after taking a break from shopping (I believe it is an hour) the cart will display cryptic php error messages. If this happens, the only fix is to 'refresh' the page and start over with an empty cart. I apologize for this inconvenience but I don't know of a workaround with the 2 server setup I am using now. I am looking into a better solution for next season. For now, I recommend making a list of the varieties you are interested in, and then add them to the cart without taking any lunch breaks between additions.

Thanks,
Steve
Old December 10, 2013   #261
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Default Server Temporarily Down

Hi Folks,

My website has been down all day due to a hard drive crash. The RAID rebuild is in process and, hopefully, my site should be back online this evening. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Steve
Old December 30, 2013   #262
ed50
Tomatovillian™

Hi Steve, I got your seeds today! Thank you very much for the quick delivery and all these beautiful varieties. And especially also for the bonus packets! You are very generous!
Thanks and I wish you a very good 2014 and a lot of success with the tomatoes next year!

Greetings,
Eddy
ed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2013   #263
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed50 View Post
Hi Steve, I got your seeds today! Thank you very much for the quick delivery and all these beautiful varieties. And especially also for the bonus packets! You are very generous!
Thanks and I wish you a very good 2014 and a lot of success with the tomatoes next year!

Greetings,
Eddy
Hi Eddy,

You are my first Belgium customer so I am glad to hear everything went smoothly!

Thanks again, and Happy New Year

Steve
Old January 2, 2014   #264
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

Okay...I place my order Monday afternoon, trudge out to the mailbox in a snowstorm here on Thursday, and nearly pass out from shock...Heritage seeds are here! THREE DAYS coast to coast, and the weather on this end is horrible. (Keep in mind that I am in NH, not TN.) I am a bit worried that, in a few years; I will receive my order from Steve BEFORE I place it on-line. Admittedly; that will freak me out just a bit.

Great bonuses, as well! Don't know how you do it, Steve; but keep on keepin' on.
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2014   #265
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

Add me to the list of people that are thrilled with Heritage Tomato Seeds. I grow heirloom tomatoes and buy my seeds from Baker Creek, Southern Exposure and Seed Saver Exchange. Two seasons ago someone gave me Tasmanian Chocolate seeds and that tomato had the most amazing color. I checked to see where they got the seeds.

When I teach seed starting classes, many people want the nice variety of colors but just don't have the space for the large vines. I picked three to grow and with the extras Steve included I can try 5 to be able to recommend to others.
kayrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2014   #266
paprika
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpeppers View Post
Okay...I place my order Monday afternoon, trudge out to the mailbox in a snowstorm here on Thursday, and nearly pass out from shock...Heritage seeds are here! THREE DAYS coast to coast, and the weather on this end is horrible. (Keep in mind that I am in NH, not TN.) I am a bit worried that, in a few years; I will receive my order from Steve BEFORE I place it on-line. Admittedly; that will freak me out just a bit.

Great bonuses, as well! Don't know how you do it, Steve; but keep on keepin' on.
Now that's funny! Of course might also be scary because with Steve it might just happen!
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2014   #267
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

Exactly! (Queue theme from 'Twilight Zone'...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprika View Post
Now that's funny! Of course might also be scary because with Steve it might just happen!
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2014   #268
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

tnpeppers, kayrobbins, and paprika,

Thanks for the generous comments

It is pretty amazing the postal carriers are able to get mail across county so fast, especially considering the weather conditions back East. They do a great job

Happy New Year!
Steve
Old January 5, 2014   #269
tomatoaddict

I just placed an order with you today. Nice site and I love that you offer the out of the ordinary varieties.
Old January 25, 2014   #270
salix
Tomatovillian™

Steve, have received both envelopes in good order (and faster than expected). Informative packaging and very generous seed counts, much appreciated. Thank you so much also for the bonus seeds, I look forward to trying these in a few months.