Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old February 3, 2006   #1
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Default My dacha :-)

Hi to everyone! Glad to meet Tomato-souls

Some photoes from my dacha:

http://foto.rambler.ru/users/andreycho/1/

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2006   #2
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

I saw flowers, peppers and a cute puppy; where did you hide the tomato plants?

Nice looking gardens, too :wink:

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2006   #3
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Seems to me you missed one photo with my tomatoes inside small greenhouse But these photoes has been made in June 2005 right before I buried my old Minolta and can't get any pictures of ripe tomatoes

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Old February 3, 2006   #4
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

I didn't turn the page LOL!

My mistake; beautiful pictures by the way!

It looks like you have a real green thumb with everything you grow. :wink:

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2006   #5
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

600 square meters: dacha-house + summer kitchen+sauna (Russian banya)+2 sheds+2 greenhouses (tomato)+1 small greenhouse (peppers) and all the rest for open soil tomatoes, cabbage, carrot, radish, potatoes, pumpkins, gourds, red and black currants, apples, pears, cherry, grapes, actinidias and some flowers... :wink:

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Old February 3, 2006   #6
Gimme3
Tomatovillian™

Andrey....i looked at your complete album. Ty very much for sharing those pics with us.

I pondered my feelins, possible response...aside from the normal congratulations, naturally felt joy,... in seein the the Beauty of yo toils...

I wanna tell ya this.

I grew up in the 60's. I was born...in 1960. I remember , distinctly, pondering, as a child....WHY ?

WHY ?...HOW ? why an how, can anyone hate or fear another, to the point of nuclear extinction. I told people, as a youngster, they were wrong. I told them....i said....try this...take any Russian youth, and let us be placed together, in a common environment....an there would be no hatred, no fear, no animosity. An i challenged those, and i still do, that believe somehow...superiority of weapons, ensure survival.

Your pictures...vividly bring me Happiness, not only in seeing the Beauty of your handiwork, there, but also in affirming....some things you probly understand, too, an that i have believed since childhood....)))

The soils shown across the pics, catch my eye....and im curious. Could you describe the manner of soil maintenance/improvements you engage in, there, please ? lol...i think i know one of em, an thats cool by me...)))
Gimme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2006   #7
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Gimme, thanks for your great reply even if it could be identified as off-topic here :wink:

I know for sure all common people from over the world have much more in common than our politicians can imagine We all adore values like family, peace and human rights. But I know that there are still a lot of foreign people who believe in such fairytales like bears walking in our streets

Regarding your question about our soil maintaince I can say the same. We use 4 years change of vegetable groups method and add fire-fang manure in spring and autumn plus minimum chemicals :wink:

But without my mother-in-law and wife's grannie we will never have such a green place They are living at our dacha which is located 65 km from Minsk from mid April till the end of October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3
Andrey....i looked at your complete album. Ty very much for sharing those pics with us.

I pondered my feelins, possible response...aside from the normal congratulations, naturally felt joy,... in seein the the Beauty of yo toils...

I wanna tell ya this.

I grew up in the 60's. I was born...in 1960. I remember , distinctly, pondering, as a child....WHY ?

WHY ?...HOW ? why an how, can anyone hate or fear another, to the point of nuclear extinction. I told people, as a youngster, they were wrong. I told them....i said....try this...take any Russian youth, and let us be placed together, in a common environment....an there would be no hatred, no fear, no animosity. An i challenged those, and i still do, that believe somehow...superiority of weapons, ensure survival.

Your pictures...vividly bring me Happiness, not only in seeing the Beauty of your handiwork, there, but also in affirming....some things you probly understand, too, an that i have believed since childhood....)))

The soils shown across the pics, catch my eye....and im curious. Could you describe the manner of soil maintenance/improvements you engage in, there, please ? lol...i think i know one of em, an thats cool by me...)))

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Old February 6, 2006   #8
Mantis
Tomatovillian™

Fantastic pics Andrey. You really have a green thumb.
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2006   #9
Star
Tomatovillian™

Hello, Andrey

I enjoyed your photo album very much.

Your garden is lovely.

Best wishes,

Star
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2006   #10
sweetwm007
Tomatovillian™

Default informative pictures

andrey- good pics.
haven't seen a posting from you in over a yr at gw but see you are alive and well. does my heart good.

hope the seeds we traded a while back have come to fruition for you.

since we have traded, i have moved from philadelphia to yongkang, china. will be here for 2 yrs. wonder what the postage rates are from here to your location? that ought to be a trick.

if you are interested, send me your email address and i will fwd you some pic's of the "worlds only", i think, marble top seed starting table. hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks will be starting some tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and a few flowers.

the very best
william may
sweetwm007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2006   #11
Gimme3
Tomatovillian™

Andrey, lol...forgive me for not knowin....What in the world is...."firefang manure " ?
Sounds like you got 3 Great Ladies in yo life....love em All, tenderly...)))
Gimme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2006   #12
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Beautiful dacha Andrey - great pictures! Reminds me of my grandma's little dacha near Cheliabinsk, South Urals... She no longer has it - she is too old now... But she was there all spring/summer when I was a kid...

Lucky you, you don't have deer out there I suppose :wink:

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2006   #13
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Default Re: informative pictures

Hi William!

Nice to hear from you... even if you are in China What are you doing there? They have no problems with population

Now China is one of our big friends for Belarus I even afraid my daugther will has to learn Chinese language when she will be at school because our goverment likes this idea very much
As for Chinese postage rates I think they must be rather democratic for you :wink:
You can see my e-mail in my profile

Have a nice green tea, bad-smelled cheese and a big plate with rice and spices I'm really Jelous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetwm007
andrey- good pics.
haven't seen a posting from you in over a yr at gw but see you are alive and well. does my heart good.

hope the seeds we traded a while back have come to fruition for you.

since we have traded, i have moved from philadelphia to yongkang, china. will be here for 2 yrs. wonder what the postage rates are from here to your location? that ought to be a trick.

if you are interested, send me your email address and i will fwd you some pic's of the "worlds only", i think, marble top seed starting table. hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks will be starting some tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and a few flowers.

the very best
william may

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Old February 7, 2006   #14
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Gimme, it's a direct traslation of stale (left for at least a half a year) manure from Russian to English

5 Ladies (+my little daugther and Mom) :wink:

Tania, at least deers have no habit to be drunk when they steek something from your garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3
Andrey, lol...forgive me for not knowin....What in the world is...."firefang manure " ?
Sounds like you got 3 Great Ladies in yo life....love em All, tenderly...)))

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Old February 15, 2006   #15
MsCowpea
Tomatovillian™

Beautiful garden and cute dog too.

"When we kill off the natural enemies of a pest we inherit their work."
Carl Huffaker
MsCowpea is offline   Reply With Quote