Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 21, 2017   #61
jillian
Tomatovillian™

I found this to be very good info. on hoses. If I could have gotten by with a 50 ft. I would most likely have went with the Craftsman. Since I require 100 ft. I opted for the Flexogen, which when water filled makes it 10 lbs. Lighter than same length of Craftsman. I should get it tomorrow and I am eager to check it out.

https://www.yourbestdigs.com/reviews/best-garden-hose/

I do feel good that they found the Flexogen most similar to the Craftsman overall. I'll report back once I receive it and try it out.
jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2017   #62
jillian
Tomatovillian™

Received the hose today and couldn't be more pleased. I know it's still early but I have high hopes for this hose.
But, I just ordered another 50 ft. Turns out my old hose is two 75 ft. hoses for a total of 150 ft. I should have measured but DH was CERTAIN that is was 100 ft, lol.

So, I am even happier about the decision to go with the Flexogen as 150 ft. Of Craftsman rubber would just be too heavy (for me)!
Old September 23, 2017   #63
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian View Post
So, I am even happier about the decision to go with the Flexogen as 150 ft. Of Craftsman rubber would just be too heavy (for me)!
ah yup! very heavy. I bought a short one for my greenhouse because I wanted a good hose but a short one, too. it is hard to find what I was looking for... 15' hose I think is what I needed and not have to male it myself with aftermarket ends..... and it is heavy as short as it is. good choice on the other one.
Old September 23, 2017   #64
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I have a big 100 foot rubber hose I keep strung out and it is even heavy for me to lug around.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2017   #65
jillian
Tomatovillian™

Drug the hose all around the yard today and couldn't even MAKE it kink. So far I am giving it 5 out of 5 stars. Had to use old hose today to get all of my watering done (arghhhhh), the additional 50 ft. hose will arrive Monday and I will be set!

I also replaced my spray nozzle with this one , if anyone is needing I highly recommend as well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My cheap plastic one was cracked and leaked. I love it, excellent construction and ease of use. I am rough on them so hopefully I can't break this one!