Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 24, 2021   #1
garyc1234
Tomatovillian™

Default 2021 Alameda, CA Container Garden

I haven't done any plantings in a few years due to back problems and lack of time due to my family's fourth child. I showed my container garden from 2016 here (Link). I also did a planting for 2017, but that failed miserably as I have no record or memory of what happened.

My gardening methods are for no one to copy, but more for those who lack the time and/or money to do things properly. On Feb 20th, I used old seeds from 2016/2017, and put ~10 seeds each into old plastic cup with holes on the bottom (again from 2016/17). My old grow light setup wasn't working, so during the day, I put the cups outside (they were in a cardboard box from costco to make it easier to carry), and at nighttime, I put them back in the garage, so they wouldn't get too cold. On April 20th, I then potted up most of the to larger containers with one plant each. On May 21st, I potted up the rest of the plants. For my initial seeding, I just used my old potting mix which I still had from 2016/17. For my potting up, I continued to use my old potting mix, but mixed in some Miracle Grow Potting Mix (no moisture control). Barlow Japan, Druzba, Goose Creek, KBX, Margaret Curtain, Momotaro, and Sungold F1 did not germinate at all.

Here are the plants that did germinate with the # that I potted up on Apr 20th being the first number, and the May21st, the second number.

Abe Lincoln: 2, 1
Bear Creek: 1, 0
Better Boy: 5, 4
Black and Brown Boar: 2, 0
Brandy Boy: 2, 0
Brandywine: 0, 1
GGWT: 5, 0
Moreton: 2, 1
Neves Azorean Red: 1, 0
Purple Haze: 2, 0
Ramapo: 1, 1
Rutgers: 3, 0
SNFLA: 1, 0
Stump of the World: 2, 1
Sweet Million: 1, 1

Pictures for the plants are from earlier today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1683.jpg (329.0 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1685.jpg (320.8 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1686.jpg (308.8 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by garyc1234; May 24, 2021 at 06:15 PM.
garyc1234 is offline   Reply With Quote