Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 13, 2014   #181
Urbanfarmer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork Fish View Post
I got a whole gallon? of this last year. I didn't use much of it. It has been stored in a cooler room away from freezing. Will this still be good?
Hi....after some time off in the Fall, we're back. It's still good. But because of the extreme concentration you will have some settling and a bit of crystallization. No problem. It should say on the back to bring the bottle up to 90 degrees, either in a hot room/greenhouse or a warm water bath. After it's warm, shake off and on for several minutes and you'll hear/feel it going back into solution.

If using on a regular basis during the season, shake the bottle 5-10 secs before pouring. It should look like chocolate milk.

Urbanfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2014   #182
Dork Fish
Tomatovillian™

Awesome, Thank you!
Old January 25, 2014   #183
jlastrap
Tomatovillian™

Lastrapes Garden Center in Opelousas, La. just started carrying Urban Farm products, Texas Tomato and the Vegetable Fert.
jlastrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #184
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

I have the opportunity to put some Earth Boxes on the property of a farm that is pursuing organic certification. As long as MY plants are kept in their own little patch, would using your fertilizers on my plants endanger the organic certification of the farm owner's plants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfarmer View Post
Hi....after some time off in the Fall, we're back. It's still good. But because of the extreme concentration you will have some settling and a bit of crystallization. No problem. It should say on the back to bring the bottle up to 90 degrees, either in a hot room/greenhouse or a warm water bath. After it's warm, shake off and on for several minutes and you'll hear/feel it going back into solution.

If using on a regular basis during the season, shake the bottle 5-10 secs before pouring. It should look like chocolate milk.
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #185
Urbanfarmer
Tomatovillian™

Hi there......I don't see why not, since there will be no interaction. The only reason we can't call our ferts organic is because the certifying agencies simply don't know how to classify hydroponic-grade components. We are left in a "grey area".

If you talk to them, they love hydroponics, and they know hydroponic vegetable production worldwide is entirely dependent on mineral concentrates. They're ok with that. But they can't get themselves to allow refined minerals to be called organic, which is a head-scratcher.

We really confuse the issue by combining minerals with our proprietary distilled organics. Maybe some day we'll come to a compromise.

Old January 25, 2014   #186
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I like your products the way they are. Add "Organic" to the label and we'll all see a price increase. The longer I have gardened the more that word has become synonymous with over priced.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2014   #187
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

What happened to the vegetable fertilizer? You were recommending that for seedlings through fruit set, but, I don't see that on the web page any more?

Thanks.

Dewayne mater
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2014   #188
Urbanfarmer
Tomatovillian™

Dewayne, you scared me. We're about to switch to another platform, and I thought something went wrong prematurely. But, it's still here:

http://www.theurbanfarm.com/legrpa.html

Old February 10, 2014   #189
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for the link. The strange thing is, when I find your site on google and click on fertilizers, there are 2, TTF and Bioactive. When I go to the link you provide, there are numerous fertilizers, including the one vegetable I'd asked about. Something is definitely different or I'm just really confused. Here are the two URLs.

Google search, then click on fertilizers:http://theurbanfarm.com/urfafe.html

your link,:http://www.theurbanfarm.com/legr1.html

Appreciate your help!

Dewayne mater
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2014   #190
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Can I ask a different question - how are the flowers pollinated in a closed greenhouse like this one? http://theurbanfarm.com/slideshow.html
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2014   #191
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Scott-I am not Urban, but in my greenhouse, I just shook the plants a little, or used a rotating fan-worked great. Some folks use a toothbrush. And in big commercial greenhouses, they use bees.

Glad I saw this thread again, time to order TTF.
Old February 10, 2014   #192
Urbanfarmer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewayne mater View Post
Thank you for the link. The strange thing is, when I find your site on google and click on fertilizers, there are 2, TTF and Bioactive. When I go to the link you provide, there are numerous fertilizers, including the one vegetable I'd asked about. Something is definitely different or I'm just really confused. Here are the two URLs.

Google search, then click on fertilizers:http://theurbanfarm.com/urfafe.html

your link,:http://www.theurbanfarm.com/legr1.html

Appreciate your help!

Dewayne mater
Hi Dewayne......the first link is a "portal" page that you use to choose either a liquid or dry direction. Click TTF to go on to the liquids. That will all be changing shortly. And there might be a few bumps in the road transitioning on to the new website.

Pollinating in a greenhouse: alot of finger-tapping, bush-shaking, fans, and sometimes an electric toothbrush.

Old February 10, 2014   #193
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

It's still there...mine came in the mail today, and I have already applied it to my pepper seedlings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewayne mater View Post
What happened to the vegetable fertilizer? You were recommending that for seedlings through fruit set, but, I don't see that on the web page any more?

Thanks.

Dewayne mater
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2014   #194
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Urban

Got my TTF today-thanks for the quick ship! I found a bottle of the TTF I gave my son last summer. Its been in a shed at his house. As you know its been cold and hot here. I assume the micros and macros are still good, but what about the myco?
Old February 24, 2014   #195
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

It appears that there is an unfortunate similarity of names between Urban Farms (maker of Texas Tomato Food) and Urban Farmer Seeds who seem to be reselling Lucky Tiger seeds that have proprietary rights by Johnny's.

I think it would be prudent for Urban Farms to disclaim any affiliation with Urban Farmer Seeds. I hope that the similarity of names between these entities doesn't reflect badly on Urban Farm who makes excellent Texas Tomato Food.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=31008
http://www.ufseeds.com/38f9892bfe726...03153095d.item
http://www.theurbanfarm.com/legrpa.html
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote