Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old March 20, 2018   #1
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Default My New Greenhouse (On a budget!)

Well my plants have been getting sun but only when the protected backyard has been above 50 and the winds were not a factor. I did buy a 19.99 greenhouse, but before I assemble it I have to make sure its secure and wont tip over from the wind. In the meantime I said is there anything else I can do to that will let my plants catch some rays outdoors? Then it hit me, when I was at my local big box store I saw some clear smaller storage containers on sale for under 4.00 that's when the light went off! Here was a mini greenhouse, that will keep on the cold & keep out the wind til these seedlings get bigger. so yesterday in 34 degree sunny weather the seedlings spent 1-1/2 in the sun. Where there's a will there's a way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Greenhouse&Cubanella 006.jpg (274.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Greenhouse&Cubanella 001.jpg (606.9 KB, 87 views)
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2018   #2
asaump
Tomatovillian™

Neat idea. Do you happen to know what the temp was inside your 'greenhouse'?
Old March 20, 2018   #3
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Asuaump, As they were in just over an hour I don't but I will be putting a outdoor thermometer in next time to make sure I don't fry the seedlings. If it gets over 9o or so I'll prop the thing up so a little outside air can regulate it.
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote