Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Closed Thread

Old July 20, 2016   #1
rhoder551
Tomatovillian™

Default Curtis Jackson at Renaissance Farms

Just wondering if anyone knows Curtis or has ordered from him and can give me feed back or a way to contact the company? I placed an order via the website on June 29 and, so far, I have not received my order or a confirmation of any kind from this company although my credit card was charged right away
Old July 20, 2016   #2
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

I found an e-mail address here: https://bloomington.in.gov/documents...cument_id=7601
A telephone number, too.

Last edited by sjamesNorway; July 20, 2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old July 20, 2016   #3
rhoder551
Tomatovillian™

I've sent several emails to this address but have gotten no replies. I think I might have to file a claim with paypal. I appreciate your help...Thank you
Old July 21, 2016   #4
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoder551 View Post
I've sent several emails to this address but have gotten no replies. I think I might have to file a claim with paypal. I appreciate your help...Thank you
Have you tried the phone number?
Old July 20, 2016   #5
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009062429696

There's his facebook. He has made posts to his group within the past twelve hours. FYI - if you try to message him, you should add him as a friend first, otherwise he probably won't see the message. FB sends messages from non-friends to an "other" folder that no one ever checks.
Old July 21, 2016   #6
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Here's another link, same man, same phone number: http://renaissancefarms.org/healingharvest/contact/
Old July 21, 2016   #7
Gardadore
Tomatovillian™

That is certainly a wonderful site. It seems odd he wouldn't respond to all the emails - a pity, as there are some varieties I would love to order from him but want to be sure he responds! Hope you do reach him and there is a good reason, Rhoder551. Please continue to report back. I hate to see potentially good vendors shoot themselves in the foot because of poor customer service!
Old July 21, 2016   #8
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

he's usually very active on Facebook, so keep on trying. Never ordered from him, but have followed his gardening site.
Old July 21, 2016   #9
rhoder551
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for the input everyone. I'll post the outcome....
Old July 22, 2016   #10
rhoder551
Tomatovillian™

I just asked my credit card company to dispute the payment. I'm not a facebooker and did not want to go through the whole sign-up and whatnot just to track this person down. The payment receipt emailed to me had the email address I used 4-5 times with no reply. Also, various phone numbers that did not work for different reasons. So.... I'm going to guess this is not a legitimate business. I do not recommend ordering from this company.
I like to buy from the smaller independent businesses but next time I'll stick with Victory which I like. I have gotten great tomato varieties and some seeds for a flowering tobacco which is growing in my garden this year and is beautiful.....
Old July 22, 2016   #11
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I try to always assume the best about everyone, but I get a negative impression of him from his FB group postings, which are largely puffery. He also seems to take a heavy hand in deleting posts to the group.
Old July 22, 2016   #12
rhoder551
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Cole Robbie, I'm glad I did not bother with the whole Facebook thing which has been a headache for me in the past. Kind of get the impression I would have been ignored anyway.
Old July 22, 2016   #13
clspie
Tomatovillian™

Fwiw. I ordered from him earlier this year, no problems.
Could be he is just overwhelmed this time of year.
Old July 22, 2016   #14
rhoder551
Tomatovillian™

Okay, good to know. I won't be ordering from him again.... I have a business and understand how hard it is..glad he is doing well.
Old July 22, 2016   #15
Gardadore
Tomatovillian™

I was wondering if you would go through Facebook to solve the problem. I never use Facebook either and would have done exactly the same thing of informing the credit card company. Even if he is overwhelmed one can post something on a website to indicate that there is a problem and not accept any more orders. You can't be the only one being ignored at the moment. It is too bad since I agree about trying to help smaller independent businesses and your posting could have done much to bring him extra business if resolved in a timely manner. Let's hope there is a really good reason for all this!
Closed Thread