Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old August 13, 2006   #1
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

Default Pics of my efforts

This is a look at some of the fruits of my labor this year. The deer have probably eaten their weight in tomatoes so far!!

Hope this works as this is my first try at posting pics.

Kimberly's

Kimberly's, Mortgage Lifter, Yellow Pear and Black Berries

Mortgage Lifter cut

Green Zebra's, Black From Tula, Roma Rio Grand, ML and about 1/4 of my basil

Still planning on attending the Taste Fest. Hope I have something to bring. I am really wanting to try some other tomatoes you guys have to see what they taste like.

Not sure what to bring in the way of food.

Any cravings or hankerin's?
Old August 13, 2006   #2
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

ZBQ

Those are great looking. Looks like the deer left some mighty fine fruit.

Give us some taste results. What did you think of ML?
Old August 14, 2006   #3
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

Jerry,

Mortgage Lifter was really good. Nice old fashioned tomato taste. Very good slicer. The vine has a few that are still green and I am hoping the one I just picked will last till Sat.

Kimberly is a really good tomato that I like to have sitting in the window sill above the kitchen sink and when I am passing through I just reach up there and pop one in my mouth. Just the right size to make your taste buds light up.

Yellow Pear (that was supposed to be Reisenstraub) is nice and sweet. Good one for popping in the mouth.

Black From Tula. This is my first taste of a black tomato and I thought it was rather mild and didn't do much for me, but then again, it could just be me, the weather etc. OR I just don't know what they are supposed to taste like. But, with the exception of green zebra, this was my prettiest tomato.

Green Zebra. Beautiful tomato. The flavor was a bit to acidy for me when I tried it. I need to try it again because it might be more tolerable at a different point

Roma Rio Grand is hands down the best tasting one I have eaten yet. Rich complex flavors that satisfy your tounge.

Valley Girl is a nice pop in the mouth type tomato. Flavor is not as good as Kimberly but good enough.

Thats all I have eaten so far, and not in any quantity.

This is Neil, reporting from Ross county, now back to you Jerry!!