Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 8, 2017   #30
adewilliams
Tomatovillian™

They actually grow from corms, which are similar to bulbs. I have never grown either of these in a pot, just so you know, but I have grown then in the ground. Ranunculus are fairly high maintenance (you really have to bundle them from the cold), but they are just beautiful, and I saw a florist once selling them in pots. Anemones have been incredibly hardy for me. I had some in beds this past year that I babied and some by the mailbox that I ignored and they both did great. Of course, my growing climate is a lot different than yours.

Also, have you thought about daffodils? There are some really early-blooming ones too. One of my favorites is Erlicheer. It's short, early-blooming and smells amazing. Even my husband loves when it comes into bloom. I've bought anemones from Terra Ceia farms in the past and they performed well for me. This year, I'm buying daffs from them too. They also sell ranunculus. I've been pleased with them so far.
adewilliams is offline   Reply With Quote