Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old February 12, 2007   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default Let's start planning MAGTAG 2007

Well, actually, after reading the latest responses by BlueKat and Dunkel to the earlier 2007 post, I see that some of you have already started your plans!

I just planted my first batch of tomato seeds under the fluorescent lights in my basement, so my thoughts are turning to the 2007 Mid-Atlantic Tomato Growers Appreciation Gathering. I thought the intial fest went really well last year, and I will be happy to arrange for a pavilion at the same park once we come up with an appropriate mid- to late-August date. Any ideas? suggestions?

P.S. I cratedd a beautiful art-nouveau inspired poster for this year's festival based on that lovely portrait that Dunkel took of Kim! Looks just like a 1900 century seed catalog cover.
Old February 12, 2007   #2
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Cecilia at el,

Definitely time to start planting again. I have just starting planning and hope to try a little Winter Sowing this year. I plan to have a gazillion starters so if there's a plant swap I am there! Also, I hope to do some unique ones this year so I am not a repeat of last year. I have collected so many seeds that this should be easy.

So was last years event too early too late or just right? Bluekat's tomatoes looked perfect wereas many of mine were to old and too young. Seem like you just can't win sometimes

If I had to take a wild guess I would say Saturday August the 25th in 2007. Seems good unless its a cold spring in which case we may want to rethink it. Early varities would be smoked by then but the later varieties often have the most flavor anyway so who cares.

Any suggestions on date?

Greg
Old February 13, 2007   #3
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Seems to me either August 18 or 25 would be the most logical dates. You're right, though - since we're coming from all different parts of the region, some folks' harvests will be at their peak, while others' won't. It didn't seem to hurt too much last year, though!
Old February 15, 2007   #4
bluekat
Tomatovillian™

Cecilia - I have been immortalized! Well, here on T'ville anyway - LOL Nice job. Could you email me a larger version?

Either of those dates are good for me. I will ask off work as soon as we decide! I am still narrowing down my list to plant this year. It is nice to think about tomatoes on such a cold day.

Anything I can do to help organize just yell.
-Kim