Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old May 27, 2015   #136
Tim Lazer
Tomatovillian™

Hi Marc, i would love to try it. Pineapple could be my fav tom and CP is right behind it.
Tim in Sacramento
Tim Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2015   #137
marc_groleau
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl2017 View Post
I am. I grew the F2 for the fall garden. For me, they did not have good heat set. I finally got fruit when the temps dropped but then I had to pick them green because of early frost. Even then, they ripened beautifully and had a great wow factor.

I saved seed and am growing the F3. Here is picture of my kookiest fruit. I have several smaller fruit also. I am really hoping for that same great taste. This was my favorite tasting fall tomato.
Glad you found them enjoyable.
I saved seeds from a pink and a yellow version that I found to be pretty good.
I have several very healthy plants of both varieties that are ready to go in the ground. I only have room for a few in my garden but friends and family are going to be growing some as well.
I hope you get great results from your latest grow out.
Please keep us posted.
marc_groleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2015   #138
Cheryl2017
Tomatovillian™

MMM Marc. I had pink last year but this one is looking to be brown? Is that possible or have I gotten an accidental cross? I have a couple of different plants that haven't started blushing yet so I will see. I put a white, yellow,orange, red, pink purple and brown to show the different colors. It's not quite ripe yet so will see

Untitled by breisch2017, on Flickr
Cheryl2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2015   #139
Cheryl2017
Tomatovillian™

Untitled by breisch2017, on Flickr

Sweet. Beautiful deep pink. I was just being a bit inpatient. Same wow factor. I love this tomato.

Marc, Can I share seeds of this. Thanks, Cheryl
Cheryl2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2015   #140
marc_groleau
Tomatovillian™

It's a cross between a purple and a bicolor. It's only third generation so it's not surprising that you gotsonethingdifferent. very happy that you're enjoying it. Yes you can give away seeds. I'll see how mine turn out. I may ask you for a few seeds if you wouldn't mind. How's the production so far? Are you growing in containers or garden?

Last edited by marc_groleau; June 18, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
marc_groleau is offline   Reply With Quote