Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 26, 2014   #1
Lindalana
Tomatovillian™

Default Physiological leaf drop and foliar feeding

Noticed physiological leaf drop on some of my tomatoes. Have about 65 varieties planted and some are affected worse than others. I thought Prue will take the cake but ¨Grighmire pride¨ looks more miserable. It does not help that lots of my tomatoes are hearts.
We had cold weather week before and last week hot. Plants started growing and now some overextended. I know it is transitional period and plants will take care of it.
Question- can foliar spray with very diluted goodies like Neptune stuff and molasses help...
Also most sources report leaf roll happens on older leaves, I am noticing on young ones, old leaves are fine. There is no change in color and plants do look healthy.
Lindalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2014   #2
swardson
Tomatovillian™

People usually recommend feeding struggling plants kelp so it should help. I'm having similar weather with hot weather followed by rain and cold. Although its not getting below 45 at this point so I haven't had too much danger as you guys out East. But my problem is being on the lookout for fungal diseases until the weather gets steady.
swardson is offline   Reply With Quote