Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 13, 2018   #11
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Default UPDATE - added Sun Lemon

We will see what these Tokita varieties are made of.

I transplanted a tiny Sun Lemon into an Earthbox on Wedsnesday night (3/11). It was paper toweled for germination (only the one germinated, was given the seeds)
but then sowed in mix on 3/27; so transplant at 15 days.

It is way too small to give it any support. Tons of wind last night too. I gave it some shade around 3 PM yesterday and will check out doing the same today.

Honestly, it looks like it is holding it's own. It will either thrive or die. It is so late in the season here.

--
The other two (SO and SGr) are doing amazing. Really adding bulk. SO has 4 tomatoes on the first cluster; size of marbles now.

SGr is taller with long buds; any hour/day they will be blossoms. They all have yellow peaking through.

SO 2nd set of buds are about to blossom. All from first set are now wide-open flowers or tomatoes.

----
Finally, just an observation, but my OLD SunPeach plants / SunGold and Sun Chocola to an extent have all regenerated themselves with new lateral growth (with flowers) close to the lower stem.

They are much more successful at that than Esterina.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote