Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 22, 2012   #61
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrockgarden View Post
I apologize for the mis-post. I am new to Tomatoville so I am still stumbling a bit.

I grow several tomato varieties every spring and am now for the most part sowing my own seeds indoors around the first of the year. Although it is late to be starting seeds I thought if I could get seed sown within the next couple weeks I could tomatoes to use for seed next season.

I've read so much about what you have had to say in favor of the oxheart tomato as far as it being a meaty tomato that may be good for flavorful sauces that I wanted to give it a try. I am a sauce person. I put up a little over 100 jars of sauces last summer from my tomato harvest.

thank
No problem at all on what you called a mis-post, I understand very well. Why not take some time to look at the various Forums here and what they're all about and in doing so you'll find that Seed exchange Forum as well.

Ah, and for others reading here it isn't good form to ask for seeds in threads when someone mentions one you want, just post in the WANTED Forum, bc it's happened to me and many others that a person will mention a variety and then folks will ask outright or PM the person and that puts a lot of pressure on that person since you don't even know how many seeds the person has.

Best to always go to the Wanted Forum or indeed help the many seed site owners who are Tville members, or others, with their expenses in these difficult economic times and go to Tania's website to see where seeds of a specific variety are being sold.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Main_Page

In the case of Granny's Heart specifically there is no page for it at Tania's site b'c it's too new.
Old May 1, 2014   #62
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurley View Post
Here is mine... Finally getting some ripe tomatoes in the main garden too.. Yay!

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
Nice picture!!!!!
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote