Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old July 10, 2006   #16
angelique
Tomatovillian™

I have eaten quite a few green ones. The flavor is good, but I really do prefer them once they turn red.

DH and I like to eat the green ones roasted. I often roast and chop them , then mix them with a combination of mozzarella, Laughing Cow Cheese (or cream cheese), salt, pepper, a good pinch of cayenne (or other dried ground hot pepper) and garlic powder to taste...I use this mixture to stuff squash flowers. I then dredge the flowers in very stiff beaten egg whites (prepared like chile rellenos) and fry up the flowers...Yum Yum.
angelique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2006   #17
chilhuacle
Tomatovillian™

Sounds great Angelique, I'll give it a try! Have you had red ones yet this year?

Bruce
chilhuacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2006   #18
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Did I say a plant was good for 30-45+ peppers? Well, let me emphasize the + part of that. I've picked at least 45 from one plant so far this season with more on the way.

I picked these yesterday -- they were fried up with some italian sausage. Delicious.

Very pretty plants -- almost as nice to look at as they are to eat.

Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2006   #19
bully
Tomatovillian™

Mine are just setting nice, sorry about the blurry pic, I'm still not use to this camera. I tend to move before its done doing its thing.
bully is offline   Reply With Quote