Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 21, 2007   #91
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I have said many times that I was going to get Carolyn’s book and I have yet to do it.
My wife has even scolded me for not doing it.

I want you guys to do me a favor and keep hounding me until I get the BOOK.

There is just no excuse for me not to have it; I am ashamed of my self.

I should have ordered about 5 of them and given them out for presents.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2007   #92
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Not 5 min ago I got off the phone with Workman Press and the estimated arrival time in the US of the reprinted books is Feb 18th.They already have received quite a few orders from commercial places. No, you can't order books from Workman directly as is true of almost all Book Publishers that I know of.
Old December 22, 2007   #93
kktwahoo
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn,

There are two of your books on half.com, a great site!

http://product.half.ebay.com/100-Hei...nfoQQprZ607230

Thanks,

Kent
kktwahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2007   #94
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Kent:

Welcome to tomatoville. Now you can get the real skinny on how to grow tomatoes.

Paul
Old December 25, 2007   #95
kktwahoo
Tomatovillian™

Paul,

Yes, you are right! We will see what works at Wahoo!

Merry Christmas to one and all,

Kent & Kathy
kktwahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2007   #96
Laurel
Tomatovillian™

Default The Book

I ,too, have been on the horn with Workman Publishing regarding my December 15th order for Carolyn's book and finally have a delivery date of about Feb 25th. Sure hope so; my customers are going berserk waiting for their books.

Looks like the huge interest in these tomatoes will soon make Carolyn a bazillionaire and she can buy chocolate for everyone.

Laurel
Sunny California
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2007   #97
BVGardener
Tomatovillian™

I've never understood why Carolyn's book was not included in the local garden stores' book section where I live. We have all of the standard large chain outlets for books along with some smaller ones and I've never seen it available locally. I remember when I first found out about Carolyn's book and was too impatient to order it and went out on a quest to find it. Each time I would go to a different place, I would see that familiar, white rectangular book only to discover that it was one of the other books done in that series.

I eventually gave up trying to buy it locally and ordered it.

Jay
BVGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2007   #98
Luvgardening2
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zana View Post
www.chapters.indigo.ca lists them at $22.50CAD, sells them at $14.85CAD and if you're an iRewards member (LOL) $14.11CAD.......and yes, they're in stock and will ship to the States and other International destinations. Their website lists the shipping rates for items and rare/used books.
I was hoping that they had them instock at the actual Chapter's store and had my friend go and check it out and they are not instock and had to be ordered. UGH................. I guess I have to order online.

Nancy
Luvgardening2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2007   #99
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
I ,too, have been on the horn with Workman Publishing regarding my December 15th order for Carolyn's book and finally have a delivery date of about Feb 25th. Sure hope so; my customers are going berserk waiting for their books.

Looks like the huge interest in these tomatoes will soon make Carolyn a bazillionaire and she can buy chocolate for everyone.

Laurel
Sunny California
In your dreams Laurel b'c to date I've not received one cent in royalties and still owe about 24K in book sales although I did ge a non-returnable advance back in 1999, all spent by now.

You know I didn't write the book for money and I could care if I ever see any royalties. I'm just glad that there was a decision to reprint the book.

As for buying choco for everyone, well, when I'm a bazillionaire I'll drop you an em but for now, the dark bittersweet choco is mine, all mine.
Old January 3, 2008   #100
jenn_sc
SPLATT™ Coordinator

I got the book easily when I found out I wanted a copy....the local Books a Million had a couple of them.

I think I'll go pull it out and have a thumb-through. A perfect start to a cold day I plan to spend indoors looking through the seed stash

And no royalties? That's not right
jenn_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2008   #101
babylark
Tomatovillian™

Ok...I just checked Amazon for Carolyn's book and they are selling used ones from $74.50 to $104. This MUST be SOME book. Where did anyone else order one at a normal price for? I would like to order from there, please!
Old January 22, 2008   #102
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylark View Post
Ok...I just checked Amazon for Carolyn's book and they are selling used ones from $74.50 to $104. This MUST be SOME book. Where did anyone else order one at a normal price for? I would like to order from there, please!

Babylark, if you go back a couple of pages in this thread you'll see where I said the book is being reprinted b'c Workman has no more books and I indicated when the US delivery date is estimated to be.

Not in my dreams would I pay the gougers who are offering the book at those prices.

And no, I don't know of any place that's offering it at the normal price right now but those places such as TGS, Sandhill and others will be when the new copies arrive.
Old January 22, 2008   #103
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Try www.chapters.indigo.ca They do ship to the States and elsewhere, and they usually have them in stock. However, I just checked and although their normal price is about $15.00 CAD they're saying shipping in 3 to 5 weeks, which would seem to indicate that they're not in stock right now. Last I checked 3 weeks ago, when I ordered copies for friends, they had some. Guess posting it here before generated more activity. LOL
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2008   #104
Magnolias4Ever
Tomatovillian™

I'm also glad that the book will be reprinted. I went to the library and found it and I just love it. I have to have my own copy now -- it's a terrific source of information and a great reference book.

Judy
Old January 22, 2008   #105
dcarch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolias4Ever View Post
I'm also glad that the book will be reprinted. I went to the library and found it and I just love it. I have to have my own copy now -- it's a terrific source of information and a great reference book.
Judy
Welcome to TVille

dcarch
dcarch is offline   Reply With Quote