Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 23, 2018   #16
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Foot Smells View Post
nice!! I like raised beds so you don't have to bend over so far - if at all.
That is one of many great pluses for raised beds. Im thinking I wouldnt mind one of those roller seats that I could just ride from end to end while taking care of planting, weeding, and harvesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Nice work. It would be neat if you could just flood the center area with the beans in an inch or two of water, and irrigate them that way. I want all of my plants on flood tables at some point.
The beans in the bags will fizzle out about midway thru June? Or something like that. Or after about 3-4 good pickings I move on. They seem to get rather screwy looking. After that it will be time to put raised beds in place of the bags.

As far as irrigation, for the beds, either drip or soaker hoses. Which does bring up a discovery I made yesterday. The bed on the right, I planted out pepper plants. All though the beds are only about 6 inches deep, the soil in the bottom was very moist. These are filled with leaf mulch. On the top looks bone dry, but go down about 2 inches and is moist.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote