Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old July 3, 2011   #31
salix
Tomatovillian™

Wendy, it would not be possible to send slips/tubers across the border, but if you ever got some berries I would love to be in line for TPS...
Thanks for your consideration.
salix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2011   #32
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by salix View Post
Wendy, it would not be possible to send slips/tubers across the border, but if you ever got some berries I would love to be in line for TPS...
Thanks for your consideration.
Unfortunately Walter Moie-moie has never set a single berry for me in the 30 years ive been growing it,Mystery,well that one just oozes berries.
My growing skills don't extend to pollinating/crossing etc,so maybe those who have those skills maybe able to get Moie-moie to set a berry or two...maybe??,if so,cant i have please
Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2011   #33
GunnarSK
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medbury Gardens View Post
Unfortunately Walter Moie-moie has never set a single berry for me in the 30 years ive been growing it,Mystery,well that one just oozes berries.
My growing skills don't extend to pollinating/crossing etc,so maybe those who have those skills maybe able to get Moie-moie to set a berry or two...maybe??,if so,cant i have please
Of course I'd also love to try Moie-Moie TPS, but for next year I'd settle for another try at Mystery, if that would be OK after the first ones died from neglect in 2010 due to tomato absorption.
GunnarSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2011   #34
wmontanez
Tomatovillian™

Salix and Gunnarsk, if I get TPS you do are in the list and of course Richard and Tom. I will send TPS if I get any or course.
Old July 3, 2011   #35
salix
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Wendy, thanks also for the link in another thread to "daughter of the soil' - very interesting.
salix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2011   #36
GunnarSK
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by salix View Post
Thank you Wendy, thanks also for the link in another thread to "daughter of the soil' - very interesting.
Yes, Rebsie and her Shetland potatoes are quite interesting, and her blog and Tom's forum are good information sources.

Last edited by GunnarSK; July 4, 2011 at 08:56 AM.
GunnarSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2011   #37
owiebrain
Tomatovillian™

Wendy, if you have more tubers to share than people to accept them, you can add me to the list. Bump me to the bottom of the list (or off) should more experienced potato growers come along, though.

CrackpotHippie.com
owiebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2011   #38
wmontanez
Tomatovillian™

Owiebrian you got #10
Old July 7, 2011   #39
cortona
Tomatovillian™

wendy if you end with some extra tps let me know it, i'm ever interested about(this year i can send you back some tps if weater permit!
cortona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2011   #40
wmontanez
Tomatovillian™

Cortona ok. I put you down for TPS as well. I rather have some onion seeds from your valley Your tomatoes are growing nicely here! Thanks again.
I am still waiting for the potato slip to begin to sprout. It is still dormant I guess...
Old July 7, 2011   #41
wmontanez
Tomatovillian™

I am closing the offer on slips/tubers or tps now.
I will inform folks of how it develops. I have mystery TPS segregation going well. The last 2 slots can be for those if anyone desires a tiny tuber to try to help Richard select for a mystery true blue or shall we call it kiwi blue ?.
Old July 8, 2011   #42
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

I think its best to keep to the name Urenika for the blue/purple that is grown from the TPS of Mystery because that's what it throws back to in appearance,unlike the parent Mystery which is a round potato.

I do wonder how long it will take before both of the potato slips start growing some shoots,mind you they have only just come out of the end of my season so it may take a while.
Old July 8, 2011   #43
wmontanez
Tomatovillian™

Richard, I fear the same, it's been more than a week and the slips look as they were when recieved. The good think is that has not grown mold or gone soft.

The segregation from Mystery will remain unnamed I will definetively look for your advice on the name convention. Have you name your? What about that slip the name can be urenika mystery? My unknown blue F2 is still unnamed as well. Once I select clones and discard others then I might think of a name for those who are growing my TPS this year use as suggestions.
Old July 8, 2011   #44
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

I wonder if they might need some kind of chilling,what about they were in a container of sand in the fridge for a month or so.??
Hopefully Tom may have ideas
Old July 8, 2011   #45
wingnut
Tomatovillian™

That sounds like a good idea to me, but I'm a bit of a newbie.....
wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote