Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old January 12, 2014   #1
Heirloom gard
Tomatovillian™

Default got a bumpercrop of burlap bags

at the coffieshop. The staff on call usealy charges 50c for each but sense he knows me and we are sorta friends he let me get 12 for free. He even loaded them into my pca's car which was nice.

The dementions are at least 2 foot by 2 foot some bigger and the burlap is strong yet breathy. Cant wait for a great harvest this year!
Heirloom gard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2014   #2
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom gard View Post
at the coffieshop. The staff on call usealy charges 50c for each but sense he knows me and we are sorta friends he let me get 12 for free. He even loaded them into my pca's car which was nice.

The dementions are at least 2 foot by 2 foot some bigger and the burlap is strong yet breathy. Cant wait for a great harvest this year!
Heirloom, how do you use them? ( I am an Earthbox gardener so I am clueless!)

Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2014   #3
Heirloom gard
Tomatovillian™

Basically what you do is fill up the bags with earth and plant either seed patatos or plants in the bag, fill them to about 1/3d full of dirt/ as they grow keep filing in more and more until bag is full and water well. when tops die back shake out burlap bags and reap harvest.

Last edited by Heirloom gard; January 12, 2014 at 03:50 PM.
Heirloom gard is offline   Reply With Quote