Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 24, 2012   #1
lowlylowlycook
Tomatovillian™

Default Source for Cowlick's?

Some folks here were kind enough to send me some Cowlick's Brandywine seeds. The year before last, somehow I didn't get any seedlings to grown but this year I had 2 plants and they were both productive and very tasty.

I seem to remember a few places having them last year but all I can find now is one Ebay-store, which seems reputable but I'd like to avoid ordering 1 packet from several separate sellers so I'd like a few more options.
lowlylowlycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #2
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

PM me your addy and I will hook you up. Ami
Old December 24, 2012   #3
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I was the one that distributed the original Cowlicks seeds to well over 100 member here, tho they were NOT my seeds at that time.

Since then I have grown out my own Cowlicks seeds and list them on my web site along with about 400 other varieties. My shipping is $3 of any number of packs, or free shipping at $25 or more.

I'm working on updating my web site so things are in a bit of flux. Some varieties have their own page, but most are still on "year" pages. The whole list is here
http://knapps-fresh-vegies.netfirms....ato-seeds.html

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #4
lowlylowlycook
Tomatovillian™

That looks perfect Carol. Thanks!

Any chance that pepper seeds are coming back?

Ami, thanks for the offer but I want to do my part to support the small shops so I'm specifically looking for places to buy.
lowlylowlycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #5
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Actually my original seeds for Cowlicks (those I distributed) came from Ami and Darlene (Grey Ghost).

As far as the pepper seeds, I wish I had the energy for both tomatoes and chiles. I actually liked the chiles better. But the chiles are a bit harder to do well the way we do things. Plus the big issue is lack of greenhouse space in the spring. We lost part of a greenhouse with the wet heavy snow we had a few days ago too.

So, not in the near future I'm afraid.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #6
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Ami, thanks for the offer but I want to do my part to support the small shops so I'm specifically looking for places to buy.
Works for me. I too totally support the small vendors especially those listed here and the owners are members of TVille as is Carol. Ami