Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 12, 2018   #1
taboule
Tomatovillian™

Default New garden 2018

So we moved in this new (to us) house late last spring, and I've been thinking since then about what the new garden will look like. The last season got fragmented with the relocation, and although I still had the old property and garden, it is about 35 miles away, and pretty much all our energy has been spent on settling in. I only managed a relatively small production, as the tomatoes at the old garden fell to diseases and neglect.

Now, given that we're going to get an early spring (see other thread ) I thought it's time to get going. DW and I finally agreed on the location and approximate size, I need to settle on the layout and prep it in time for planting out. Would like to share my notes here and solicit some ideas.

Here's where it will be, about a 30x60 rectangle delineated on two sides by the fence. {Had to shoot through a window screen, hope you don't mind the low quality pic}

new-plot-2018.jpg

Another view, from the far side

20180312_163146.jpg

The snow will melt pretty soon, for sure, after we get the next forecasted snowstorm.
(to be continued...)
taboule is offline   Reply With Quote