Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 3, 2018   #6
bower
Tomatovillian™

Dee, it's very kind of you to call it "long term planning". I just never have enough time in one year to get something done and finished. But I accept those limitations and in this case, nice to be persistent about it and get a little done each year.. depending on the time and material available...
As for the moose, I have yet to show the shameful oak shelaileaghs I've grown, thanks to their habit of biting down every year... I am seriously thinking to just cut myself some cudgels out of it and have done with providing them the exotic yearly treats.
This one rabbit is in the garden every morning this year... and pic from this morning, decided to sit his butt in my new leek and onion bed, the better to chew those grassy tops near by and survey his domain!!! Argh. Not good, I will have to up the ante with row cover, or hope that grass tastes better than lettuce.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rabbit-perch.JPG (165.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg rabbit-throne.JPG (454.8 KB, 68 views)
bower is offline   Reply With Quote