Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old September 29, 2015   #16
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

yes, definitely not Tula on those first two. My label on that plant contains many, many question marks. It's prob a Cuore di Bue or something along those lines. As they grow, I feel like I'm staring at an expensive hobo purse. Maybe the ladies can help me with the right term for that type of purse.

That last one was labelled Brad's, and obviously it's not, but it's quite tasty. Elongated heart type with a nipple on most of them. Somewhat acidic. Very wispy foliage. Seeds from a swap.

The third one I'm pretty sure is a Tula.

Rshaw: It's not very large, and I did not top it. It's been curling around itself for a bit. I'll snap a pic of the whole plant later today and post it. They don't get too big the way Dester or Joe's Pink Oxheart behave, the plant that is. They take a while to blush but it's worth the wait, Tula is a mighty tasty tomato.

I really like Mt. Magic, although my boy snatches most of 'em up at the initial blush. I have two plants in a 25 gallon fabric bag and they have been producing continuously for over 3 months now. Very productive, disease resistant, compact plant, does not crack, versatile flavor profile. High recommend. I wholeheartedly agree with you Dr. Carolyn, and feel as if I missed out on something by not being around TV back then. I'll definitely be present and accounted for during your next seed offer. Will it be a thansgiving/xmas affair or more of a Ides of march endeavor?
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1, 2015   #17
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Default a few more from today

Today was a high heat day. Plants are holding up well.

It's been like this almost every day.

harvest TV.2.jpg

The final seedlings of 2015
harvest TV.1.jpg
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote