Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 11, 2006   #1
one dude
Tomatovillian™

Default Ga. Heirloom Tomato Growers

I first made this post in container growing, I think it should of been here. Sorry.

Hi,
I am doug from Ga. I am just starting to grow heirloom tomatoes this year. Looking for other Ga. heirloom growers and would like to hear about Ga. heirloom varities. I have been growing giant pumpkins for several years and my biggest so far is 698 lbs. I grew a 113 lb. watermelon last year.

doug
Jn. 3:16
one dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2006   #2
timcunningham
Tomatovillian™

Hi One Dude,

We have several GA tomatovillians here. What particular Georgia Heirlooms do you grow?

Tim
Old June 11, 2006   #3
one dude
Tomatovillian™

Hi Tim,
I don't have any Ga. heirlooms this year. I am growing the following varities: Radford Tommy Toe, Old Time Ox heart, Brimmer, Bonny Best, Aussie, Aunt Ginny, W. Va. 63, W. Va. Hillbilly, Mortgage Lifter, Bear Claw, Amish Yellow Giant, German Giant Pink, Delicious, Black tommy toe, White Beauty, and Olena Ukranian. I hope to learn a bout the Ga. heirlooms for next season. Where do you live in middle ga.?

Doug
Jn,3:16
one dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2006   #4
Rena
Tomatovillian™

Hello Columbus Grower here. I grow Heirlooms from alllllllllllllllllllllll over. I have some kinda compulsive tomato growing disorder that makes me just want to try them all LOL. I am learning what can take the heat and what can't and that you should plant early have all of your plants staggered. This is a great place! Best Wishes-Rena
Edit... How do you keep the squash bugs out?? I am giving up on the whole squash family as a whole. Dag gum bugs!!
Rena is offline   Reply With Quote