Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old September 26, 2016   #211
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Earthbox buy 3 get 4th free sale. On pretty much everything they sell.
Note, shipping is not free.

http://earthbox.com/fall-2016-promot..._hsmi=34879055
I put 4 in my cart, and shipping only came out to $18 so really the best deal so far. Including shipping, comes out to $26.75 per box that lasts forever.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2016   #212
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
I put 4 in my cart, and shipping only came out to $18 so really the best deal so far. Including shipping, comes out to $26.75 per box that lasts forever.
Barb you are the best person I know at figuring out what is a good deal. Thanks for posting this.

I might replace some of my stupid grow boxes, which are far inferior. You just talked me into it!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2016   #213
schill93
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Earthbox buy 3 get 4th free sale. On pretty much everything they sell.
Note, shipping is not free.

http://earthbox.com/fall-2016-promot..._hsmi=34879055
Thank you so much again for posting. I usually check in with them every other day or so but haven't the last few days. I ordered 4 more reg. boxes. Was hoping they would re-engineer their Root & Veg boxes but looks like they don't care. They are very inferior to the regular original Earthboxes IMO.

I just looked at the Forum, and the sale is not mentioned there. Do you get an e-mail for promotions? I have signed up a couple of times but have never received anything.

Last edited by schill93; September 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM.
schill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2016   #214
peebee
Tomatovillian™

The email I got about this EB sale said it would end yesterday(Sunday). I am going to wait till their next almost-Xmas-sale, hoping they will offer either 20% off or free shipping at least. I only want 1 more, not 4. No, that's a lie. I want more than 1 more, but for now I have no more room. But if Santa decides he wants to give me more then what can I say?

Schill, if you are not receiving emails even tho you signed up, something is wrong. I would contact them about it.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2016   #215
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by schill93 View Post
Thank you so much again for posting. I usually check in with them every other day or so but haven't the last few days. I ordered 4 more reg. boxes. Was hoping they would re-engineer their Root & Veg boxes but looks like they don't care. They are very inferior to the regular original Earthboxes IMO.

I just looked at the Forum, and the sale is not mentioned there. Do you get an e-mail for promotions? I have signed up a couple of times but have never received anything.
Yes, actually they have me email listed twice so I get the email blasts twice.

I bought 4 boxes, the deal was $9 better than free shipping. I have a bunch of Grow boxes to replace, they are very inferior to EBS in my opinion. Confession: I always say I have 43 EBs but actually 15 are grow boxes. They don't hold as much media, and they snap together where EBs are just 1 solid piece. The grow boxes come apart every year when replenishing.

Peebee the sale you speak of is their annual Black Friday one. But since the new company bought them out, they gave had many more promotions.
Old September 27, 2016   #216
schill93
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Yes, actually they have me email listed twice so I get the email blasts twice.

I bought 4 boxes, the deal was $9 better than free shipping. I have a bunch of Grow boxes to replace, they are very inferior to EBS in my opinion. Confession: I always say I have 43 EBs but actually 15 are grow boxes. They don't hold as much media, and they snap together where EBs are just 1 solid piece. The grow boxes come apart every year when replenishing.

Peebee the sale you speak of is their annual Black Friday one. But since the new company bought them out, they gave had many more promotions.
I have only 14 EB plus 4 Root & Veg Containers. But I also have about 20 very large planters which range from 15 to over 20 gal. I love the Earthbox concept, design and very good construction. However, last year I noticed that my large container's did better. I am in the intense desert heat here 110- 115 degrees here, and I think the taller container with heavy mulch works better here to maintain moisture and keep media cooler than the shorter EB. My tendency is to over water, so I had high hopes for the Root & Veg. boxes, but they are not the same animal.

Next year I am going to experiment with trying to heap on some mulch underneath the cover. Since we never receive very much rain here, the cover is not as crucial I don't think. I have even considered making a lip around the box with lawn edging in order to facilitate putting more mulch on top.
schill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2016   #217
peebee
Tomatovillian™

I have not received any emails about any Black Friday deals from them yet; and it's only the day after tomorrow folks! Do you think they are foregoing it altogether this year cuz of all smaller promos they have had?
Old November 23, 2016   #218
MikeInCypress
Tomatovillian™

Running a special on new Sage Green Standard Boxes @ $27.99 ea. plus frt.

MikeInCypress
Old November 27, 2016   #219
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Bunny Hop Seeds is offering a 20% off Coupon during Cyber Monday! Enter ‘cyberbunny’ during checkout. The discount will start immediately and last through tomorrow (11/28) and will include all seeds previously on sale!
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2016   #220
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
I have not received any emails about any Black Friday deals from them yet; and it's only the day after tomorrow folks! Do you think they are foregoing it altogether this year cuz of all smaller promos they have had?
Peebee , did you see where EB has their free shipping on all orders over 69 Dollars? Good time to order the 3 basic EBs, that gives you a price reduction on each , and the free ship is about a $20 savings.
Old November 27, 2016   #221
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Cyber Monday Sale
Save up to 50% Sitewide

http://www.gurneys.com/category/Tomatoes
Rajun Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2016   #222
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by schill93 View Post
I have only 14 EB plus 4 Root & Veg Containers. But I also have about 20 very large planters which range from 15 to over 20 gal. I love the Earthbox concept, design and very good construction. However, last year I noticed that my large container's did better. I am in the intense desert heat here 110- 115 degrees here, and I think the taller container with heavy mulch works better here to maintain moisture and keep media cooler than the shorter EB. My tendency is to over water, so I had high hopes for the Root & Veg. boxes, but they are not the same animal.

Next year I am going to experiment with trying to heap on some mulch underneath the cover. Since we never receive very much rain here, the cover is not as crucial I don't think. I have even considered making a lip around the box with lawn edging in order to facilitate putting more mulch on top.
The Earthbox root and veg boxes are a failed attempt to turn existing planters into a SWC. They were released without testing and the drainage holes were drilled in the wrong place on many. Also the screen is thin and flimsy and will not hold up the wet planting mix. I bought 3. Fortunately, EB is refunding or replacing with the original EB, to their credit.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2016   #223
peebee
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Peebee , did you see where EB has their free shipping on all orders over 69 Dollars? Good time to order the 3 basic EBs, that gives you a price reduction on each , and the free ship is about a $20 savings.
Yes I did Marsha, thanks for thinking about me! I will most likely place an order tonight.
Old December 15, 2016   #224
peebee
Tomatovillian™

Free shipping on all EB orders today only; it's already early evening here on the West coast, better hurry if you're interested.
Old December 16, 2016   #225
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

FREE Shipping at Harris Seeds (Promo Code 7PRW100) thru 12/18.

Jeff
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote