Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 26, 2018   #1
sdambr
Tomatovillian™

Default Oh no! Is this possible?

I started my pepper and tomato seeds over the last two weeks, every thing was going great until 2 nights ago.

I woke up to find half of my pepper seedling gone. They had sprouted a week before.
A few of the newly sprouted tomatoes were gone too. Some of the tops were laying next to the stems.

Next night another bunch of seedlings beheaded.

1)I bought new soil mix - Nursery didn't carry promix which have always used in the past so it was Howe Products Professional growers mix. It is the only soil I used.

2) they are inside not exposed to any other plants.

It looks like the job of a cutworm, how is this possible? I ran out and bought BT, sprayed the plants after the first night, did nothing as it (they) feasted again.

Help.. I don't want to lose the rest some of them are my only seeds, and it is getting late to start the peppers, I am in zone 7a New York, and plant out beginning of June.

What can I do before this thing gets to work again tonight?

Thanks in advance for your help.

"There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein
sdambr is offline   Reply With Quote