Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Old March 21, 2013   #16
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

While we were gone for 2 weeks, the greenhouse temps got up consistently to over 100 degreees F and they are still up there. So the plant suffered. There are about 50 fruit on it that I am hoping I will be able to harvest. Clearly, using the global bucket without the fert strip and cal/mag works if you are using a complete liquid fert like I am-with macros and minors.
Old March 21, 2013   #17
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

Great! Any pics bud?
Crandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2013   #18
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

I am out of town again for a week, when I get back will take a photo if the heat doesnt bring it down.
Old March 22, 2013   #19
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

Sounds good!
Crandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2013   #20
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Michael, looking good. I'm going to try the global bucket this year as I have scrounged 4 5gal buckets from work. I like your fertilizer regimen and are you using only the Sea Start now or still adding Nova Bloom as well.

This year I'm going to use X-treme Gardening Organic feeder packs for my container plants. Last year I used them in my surrogate garden, 3 packs per plant in the planting hole and had excellent results. Thinking about sending some to Raybo and let him do a test on one of his Tainers using the feeder packs instead of the fertilizer strip. Ami
Old March 23, 2013   #21
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Ami

Here is what I did. When I planted in the global bucket, I used GH FloraNova Grow, 1 tsp per gallon-used about a gallon. Did that 2 or 3 times, once a week. Then I switched to the GH FLoraNova Bloom, used that for 3 times or so-again 1 tsp per gallon soil drench. Then I used the Sea Start 0-4-4 for a couple times. Last week I used the Bloom again. It has worked well.

Ami-the Extreme Gardening packs-what is their macro/micro composition?
Old April 26, 2013   #22
Don4Wis55
Tomatovillian™

Great work & results too. Being gone might actually help remind us not to "mother". However, what really counts in my book is taste, even ahead of production. Hope your harvest is a taste sensation & bountiful.
Don4Wis55 is offline   Reply With Quote