Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 23, 2018   #1
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

Default ZUCCHINI

TO complete my search for Mediterranean/Middle Eastern approaches to recipes that include peppers, eggplant and zucchini, I am totally flummoxed, stymied and confused by the zucchini seed choice.

I absolutely despise those with hard skins, seediness even when young, or that overwhelmingly intense (almost bitter) zucchini flavor. Maybe I'm just spoiled by a lifetime of summer crookneck deliciousness, but I need something that will stand up to sautés and frying without falling apart.

That's my conundrum. I want something that will be sweet while not falling apart or overwhelming a dish. Something to complement

I have seen a refer to some regions using Cousa squash, but have no knowledge of that at all.

SO, considering all of the above, what variety would you select? The black varieties and deep green ones have always seemed too strong. Is there one with flavor and sweetness that will not need peeling, while standing up to sautéing and adding to the other flavors?
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote