Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old February 13, 2013   #1
billy_prewitt
Tomatovillian™

Default Oh what a night..

Finished ..all most.. my seed starting stand.. framed out..had to buy furring strips 1x3's from Lowes for the frame. Bought some baby bed side rails (Thrift store $1.00 each) for the shelves. Picked up some 4 bulb 2ftx4ft fixtures (4 each) gave 3 others to other members) that were being pitched at a grocery store remodel last year.. Currently lining them with HVAC foil tape.. I'm planning on using 6500k bulbs T12's, hope to mount them on the stand Friday night. wiring some extension cords to each fixture. Was given 2 used electric blankets from a coworker ( trade for future plants..) plan on wrapping them in plastic to use as warmers.. Targeting next week to start seeds. Went into green house tonight to check some shelving stuff and found burst pipe.. ugh..( can't wait to see my next water bill ) main valve won't fully off just enough to slowly recharge the line... Tried using some magic wrap.. turned on the water on full, it swole up like a balloon and leaked like a sieve. Tomorrow I'm going to wrap it like a mummy.. ummm. oh well Ill replace that section when it warms up and that valve too.

Last edited by billy_prewitt; February 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: add text
billy_prewitt is offline   Reply With Quote