Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 16, 2019   #1
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Default F1 Micro/mini dwarfs?

I can think of only a single F1 very small dwarf -- and I'm referring to ~12" varieties (+/-). I'm not including cascading basket varieties -- there are several of those such as Terrenzo, etc. Reason being they are not really small plants. Patio Choice F1 is the only "mini-dwarf" I can think of. It's about 16" or so for me in a 12" hanging basket.

My best OP is Aztek. It is reliable and good-flavored. I've found several other OP varieties such as Vilma and Linda that do well for me. Thus far, no really good orange varieties. Pixie was one of the first F1's, but they have been out of production for a long time. Even Orange Pixie Hybrid (still available at Tomato Growers) is a pretty large plant -- too large for an early basket variety (for me).

So, can you think of any? Or can you think of any good OP Orange micro's. Jocholas has been recommended, so I've put it on my list for next season.
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote