Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 29, 2013   #166
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

The last few days I had several people NOT seem to be able to find my page with the master list of ALL the varieties I have available.

It's about 450 varieties total right now.

SO I spent some time today re-doing some pages and links to that master list.

EVERY tomato page has a link to the list page. I also made the "Tomato Seeds" graphic a link to the list page.

While the site still needs plenty of work, at least you should be able to find the master list page from any of the tomato pages. Not the individual variety pages tho. But the "tomato" link in the "seeds" area in the side-bar on those pages does take you to the list.

I hope you can find something in the 450 varieties you like.

Thanks,
Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2013   #167
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Now that's a list!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2013   #168
saltmarsh
Tomatovillian™

Hi Carol, I didn't have any trouble finding the varieties I wanted and I like what you are doing with your site. I placed an order last night. Maybe I'll have a few photos for you to use later on down the road. Claud
saltmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2013   #169
sicily
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Carol, pleasure doing business with you! Wonderful seed selection, great service, and bonus, keep doing what you're doing!!!
sicily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2013   #170
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

The site seems to be a never ending project. Something more always needs to be done.

From the orders I picked up yesterday, it looks like people ARE finding plenty of their favorite varieties.

Carol
Old January 31, 2013   #171
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I want to apologize to some people here.

I rarely have gotten orders for the variety Mexico. So of course yesterday I got at least 3 orders for it.

I was supposed to take it off the web site because the seeds are mixed, but forgot. When we collected seeds, someone put a few fruit from Japanese Black Triffele in in bucket by accident. I don't know how they could have mixed up those 2 varieties but they did.

I will fill those orders with a larger amount of seed to make up for the fact that about 25% of the seed is wrong.

The good thing is that Mexico is regular leaf and JBT is potato leaf. So when growing out the seedlings, if you don't want JBT, just cull the potato leaf plants.

I've known about the mix-up for a while, just got too busy to remember to do something about it. It has now been taken off the web site.

Sorry,
Carol
Old January 31, 2013   #172
saltmarsh
Tomatovillian™

Not a problem for me, all I needed was the heads up. Thanks Carol. I was going to try lacto fermenting Orange Strawberry as a whole pickled tomato and maybe JBT would work for that as well.
saltmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2013   #173
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Yup, you'll get a twofer on that pack.

Carol
Old January 31, 2013   #174
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I mailed a whole lot of packages this afternoon and got a bit of a surprise at the post office again.

Seems my bubble packs with a customs form are no longer considered an international "letter" but are a "parcel". A bubble pack with a customs form to Canada cost over $6.

If I can be creative and make an order look like a "card" and not have to use a customs form, it will go as a "letter".

I had to raise my basic postage a bit, but didn't want to have to raise it high enough to cover that "parcel" rate.

Sorry gang. The joys of the govt running out of money means we all will have a bit less of it ourselves.

Carol
Old January 31, 2013   #175
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Sorry to hear that Carol!
I'm glad I retired when I did.
Dutch

Last edited by Dutch; January 31, 2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2013   #176
bluebonnets
Tomatovillian™

My seeds arrived, Carol! As always thank you very much, and especially for the help! Loved those bonus seeds too!
bluebonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2013   #177
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I've had a sore throat and cold for about a week now. It's going around here like crazy.

Since I've been mostly just around the house I'm mostly caught up on orders except for a couple that came in today.

So I finally got back to working on the web site a bit. I got about another 20 of the variety pages up with what pics I have.

Still plenty more to do, but little by little I hope to get it done eventually.

Let me know if anything doesn't work right. I was a bit "fuzzy" with this cold and had a hard time concentrating on it. I hope I got all the stuff changed that I need to do from page to page.

Carol
Old February 11, 2013   #178
Muslickz
Tomatovillian™

Just placed an order, Can't wait for them to arrive!

-Mus
Muslickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #179
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I just added a few new collections on the "specials" page. They are based on the varieties I have from the books by Carolyn and Amy.

Right now I have seeds for 40 mentioned in Carolyn's book and 65 of those mentioned in Amy's book. Eventually I hope to have even more available.

A couple of days ago I got the last of the varieties I was waiting on germination tests. Just a few.

Carol
Old February 17, 2013   #180
Muslickz
Tomatovillian™

Got my seeds! Couldn't be happier

Exactly what I wanted, A Huge variety of Hard to find Heirlooms at a Great Price!

Packaged well, Labeled well.. all around Five Stars!! (Note: I have not germinated any yet but everything looks great)

Thanks so much Carol!! I will be sending a TON of locals your way!

-Mus
Muslickz is offline   Reply With Quote