Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MidWest Tomato Fest™ event information and discussion forum.

Old July 29, 2015   #1
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Default 2015 attempt

An attempt is being made to have the Mid-West Tomato Fest in con★★★★★★★★ with the Auburn Community Garden Club flower, container and edible garden show.

The date is Saturday, August 22, 2015 at the Nemaha County Fairgrounds 4-H Building at the corner of Highway 75 and 9th Street. We are scheduled for 10:30 AM to about 11:30 AM. It is inside and air conditioned. The public is invited to bring tomatoes to taste test.

This may not be the best venue as compared to the previous Fests held in Lincoln but we will give it a shot to begin again after several years in hiatus after the untimely passing of Denise Kjar (Piegirl). The original date August 9 was scrapped after hearing that no one had ripe tomatoes including me.

Let folks who may not be Tomatovillians know we are on the schedule.
Old August 14, 2015   #2
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

This event is on the schedule. I hope some of our Lincoln and Omaha people who attended in the past can take part. Time is set for 10 AM to set up the tables and 11 AM for the tasting. PM me if you need more details.

Paul