Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old April 20, 2009   #1
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Heirloom Tomatoes Topic HomeGrown Radio

HomeGrown Heirloom Tomatoes Topic For HomeGrown

Peggy Thieneman, Thieneman's Nursery, and I met with Bob Hill and Jeneen Wiche this afternoon to record a radio broadcast for the HomeGrown segment Bob and Jeneen do each Sunday at 12:00 noon. The topic was mostly about Heirloom Tomatoes. It was a very relaxed and enjoyable session; I think things went well. This is the weekend we will bring out about 140 varieties of Heirloom Tomatoes; we will showcase 40 Kentucky varieties.
Gary

HomeGrown - Sundays at 12pm WFPL89.3 FM
http://www.wfpl.org/CMS/?page_id=17

Thienemans Herbs and Perennials
www.thienemans.com/
Old April 23, 2009   #2
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Spring Plant Sale at Thieneman's Nursery

Thieneman's will begin their Spring Plant Sale on Friday. I am so pleased that our own Terry - Tomatoaddict and my friend Maria - blueribbontomatoes.com will be spending Friday with me. We have germinated about 140 different tomato varieties and will be showcasing about 40 Kentucky Heirloom Varieties. Sorry you all can't be with us. We are going to have fun talking tomatoes to all the gardeners!
If you are in the area come and join us!
Gary
Old April 23, 2009   #3
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

I don't think your link to Thienemans Herbs and Perennials was correct, it didn't like the bold you put into it. So here it is in the correct form:

Thienemans Herbs and Perennials

Thank you for the link anyway!

PS: Do they ship plants, Gary??

~* Robin

Last edited by Polar_Lace; April 23, 2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: PS
Old April 23, 2009   #4
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Do They Ship Plants?

Robin,
Robin, Thieneman's only sells retail and wholesale.. Mailing Tomato Plants takes a special process.

Darrell Jones operates Select Plants is in Alabama and has a very large selection of heirloom tomatoes.

www.selectedplants.com/
Old April 23, 2009   #5
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

I don't want tomato plants Gary, I have enough of my own that I grew from seeds, thank you.

I wanted to know about his fresh herbs.

~* Robin
Old April 23, 2009   #6
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Thieneman's Nursery

“I wanted to know about his fresh herbs..”

Peggy Thieneman, part owner handles all the retail business. They have a huge collection of Herbs and Perennials, Annuals for the spring and summer, and Peppers, Eggplant, Tomato and other assortment of garden vegetables. Her brother Kevin handles the wholesale part which includes Perennials, Shrubs, Trees and some gardening items.
And no, they do not have mail order for any herbs or perennials.
Gary
Old April 24, 2009   #7
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the info Gary, I didn't see a word on their site about non shipment. I hope I didn't rub you the wrong way!

~* Robin
Old April 24, 2009   #8
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default No problem....

Robin, No problem here.
I hope you have success with all your tomato plants this year. Have you ever been to the Tomato Tasting there? Suze and Feldon who post here help with it each year.

Gary
Old April 25, 2009   #9
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

I'd like to able to go there Gary, but my mom's health isn't so good at this time. Future Plans have to be at a weekly basis right now. Thanks for asking though!

~* Robin